One more death due to Covid-19, Four ne Austin
One more death due to Covid-19, Four new positive making total cases 34 in Comal County
Fourth death occurred due to COVID-19 on Thursday morning, and the number of Corona positive cases increased to 34 with four new cases.
Cheryl Fraser, Comal County director of public health, said: "We've seen a significant ramp-up in the number of cases in Comal County in the past week, as of yesterday evening, we had 323 tests reported. Eighty of those tests are pending and 210 tests came back negative. As of this morning, we have 34 positives." during Commissioner's meeting.
The woman who died was 80 years old and died at home and was found Corona positive in postmortem reports. Her husband suffered from COVID-19 and was declared dead in San Antonio on Tuesday. Sixteen patients had recovered from the disease, said Fraser.
"As a result of bringing more members of our Public Health staff into the process of monitoring and making contact with those who have tested positive in the county, we have been able to confirm that these patients have recovered and no longer need to be isolated at home," said Fraser. "Meanwhile, we continue to monitor other patients to ensure they are isolating themselves and protecting our community."
Tuesday records of COVID-19 cases are:
- 324 tests conducted
- 34 positive tests
- 210 negative tests
- 80 results still pending
Other News by This Author
Weather uproars all the week in Central Texas
The spring had started in Texas and so do a chain of storms and hails.
It's just the second week of April and a series of stormy and severe days had started.
Set up of winds and temperature:
The jet stream above us is supplying a lift to the atmosphere and the strong region of low-pressure shifts from southern California to Texas till the weekend. Which may create chances of severe storms.
The dryline passing through Abilene will initiate heavy thunderstorms during afternoons on Wednesday and Thursday.
This may be the day with most severe storms as the temperature may plunge up to '90s and high temperature means a higher amount of energy for storms. The storm prediction suggests high-speed winds 60 MPH and hail 2'' in size. Most of the counties are on high risk and may get hit by strong storms. Large hail is a huge threat with gusty winds but the probability of tornados is very less.
The weather conditions may remain the same on Thursday afternoon as well. The region of strong storms shifts downwards but Austin is still under a huge threat. The region of high risk had shifted to Caldwell, Bastrop, Lee, and Fayette counties.
The weather conditions may be normal on Friday but the severe weather may return till Saturday with a slight risk of storms over the region of Central Texas.
Stay connected with us for further updates on the weather.
A food service worker dies after being tested positive for COVID-19
A food service employee at an Austin ISD elementary school has died after being positive in COVID-19. Patricia Hernandez- also known as Pati had worked at Casis Elementary School for 10 years and AISD for 18 years. He had been hospitalized for less than a week due to COVID-19 before passing away. Austin ISD executive director of foodservice Anneliese Tanner said some words for Patricia. "Pati would always show me the food she'd prepared for the kids that day and was very proud of the quality of food that she prepared for the kids," Tanner said. The Casis Elementary School cafeteria where he worked was closed on Thursday, March 12. They continued to feed around 17000 children but Pati had not prepared meals for 4 weeks.
Austin Public Health had said that they can't believe that the virus is spreading through food. According to an email by Samuel Tinnon, Principal, Casis Elementary School, Hernandez died on April 2nd. On Monday, Austin Public said Patricia's death was Travis County's fourth of six COVID-19 related deaths. They also said that they had not determined if COVID-19 was the individual cause of her death or just a contributing factor. AISD said Vida Clinic is giving teletherapy to families, students and staff mourning Hernandez's loss.
Free cell phones allow homeless people to find handwashing facilities
A new tool, which is an interactive map, will allow homeless people and vulnerable people to find handwashing or toilets and showering stations. The only issue here is that it can only be accessed by smartphones or computers. This measure comes as Austin-Travis County's COVID-19 numbers continue to increase daily.
Many people may not have the resources to stay safe during this pandemic. Many do not have smartphones and, therefore, would not be able to access this tool.
Vella Karman, Interim Homeless Services Officer with Austin Public Health, said that they were handing out flyers and verbal education by volunteers and first responders that meet homeless people. The City departments and community partners have also given away phones to people experiencing homelessness.
The other barrier that is seen in this situation is food insecurity. A Food Access Task Force is working with community partners to help with this issue, and a Behavioral Health Task Force has promised to address community needs.
The city also announced on Tuesday that the Crowne Plaza near I-35 and E Hwy 290 would be used to quarantine the homeless or those who can't safely do so at home.
Other News Austin
Covid-19 locks down Cedar park for Easter weekend
Due to sudden breakout of Coronavirus in Central Texas, many parks and trails had been closed for Easter weekend. Cedar park parks and Recreation Department joins the list by closing parks and trails from sunset on Thursday, April 19 to sunrise on Monday, April 13.
This is the latest lockdown of parks and trails in Central Texas because of COVID-19. The director of Cedar park parks and Recreation Curt Randa in her address to our reporter said “The decision to close our parks and trails weighed heavily on us. But the health risks are just too great when it comes to the potential of having a large number of people in our parks during Easter weekend. The health and safety of our citizens is our top priority, and by closing our parks and trails we are reducing these points of exposure.”
The following gates will be closed and barricaded:
- Veterans Memorial Park
- Elizabeth Milburn Park
- Brushy Creek Lake Park
- Brushy Creek Sports Park
Austin and Travis County, Williamson County and Taylor had declared the closure of the parks considering the safety of citizen and an increasing number of COVID positive cases. Whereas Kyle will have all its trails open for the weekend.
Meth in the system of a 1-year-old, mother arrested
A woman was arrested by police as her 1-year-old baby was discovered with meth in his system.The name of the woman was Alyssa Garcia aged 26. According to police, she took her baby to the hospital as he could not sleep. The blood test reports showed that the boy had amphetamines in his system which may be caused by the consumption of illegal drugs by his mother. Garcia is now facing strict charges for child endangerment.
AUSTIN OFFICIALS ARE GETTING TWO THOUSAND COMPLAINTS OF CITIZEN IGNORING AUTHORITY ORDER TO STAY HOME
Austin city authorities also issued nearly two thousand lawsuits against citizens or companies accused of ignoring the city's instructions to remain in residence and interrupt non-essential business activities.
Although Stay-at-home directives from town and Travis County may be imposed by cops, code enforcement, or the officers of the fire marshal — which provide for a one thousand dollar fine which up to 6 months in jail — no one has yet been punished with a penalty.
The town registered a total of 1,962 complaints as of the weekend, city records reveal.
Austin-Travis County Interim Health Authority Dr Mark Escott stated, local authorities are also seeking voluntary compliance from citizens to city and county laws to keep the outbreak from expanding, although more strict steps can be placed in action if people start to gather.
"If individuals make independent choices not to obey the guidelines, and do not follow social distancing, that will lead more patients to get infected," said Escott. "If we start to see proof like this, we would need to take additional action and make sure we can regulate that, so we can bring workers back to work to have our economies on track again."
Escott has not stated when such implementation will proceed.
The local approach meets guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which notes that the coverings are an extra preventive measure to discourage people without symptoms from transmitting the disease accidentally.
Other News United States Of America
Nursing students want to help fight Corona graduation became a barrier
Nursing is a clinical learning profession, and professionals need hands-on experience to get their degrees. They are just a few hours of clinical work away from getting degrees, but due to present situations, they are unable to complete clinical hours.
“It’s the application of the knowledge; Nursing is a practiced profession; we’re a hands-on profession,” said Fara Bowler, the senior director of experiential learning at the University of Colorado College of Nursing.
The clinical work is part-time and paid. It had also affected students economically. Many nursing students want to work to help the pandemic affected people, but their graduation is stopping them from doing so. To solve this problem, the University of Colorado and 20 other Colorado schools sent a letter to the nursing board and governor to grant a waiver to students so that they can take the state exam and graduate to help fight this pandemic.
The letter was sent to the state board on March 20. After this, some other schools had individually demanded the same kind of waiver for nursing students. The schools had not received any response yet.
Tammy Spencer, the assistant dean of the undergraduate program and the University of Colorado College of Nursing, said: that if this waiver is given to the students, this could increase our workforce to fight Coronavirus and at the same time help the students from any backlogs as COVID-19 had forced than to delay their graduation.
Toni Preckwinkle talked about the coronavirus crisis in the city.
The outbreak of coronavirus has badly hit the United States, and it is believed that the country is going to witness the worst situation ahead. Cook County is taken a step forward to store the dead bodies of people with the opening of a refrigerated warehouse on Thursday, April 9. It signifies that the city is getting ready to combat the hard times in future.
Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle is in self-isolation at her Hyde Park home after one of her security members tested positive for coronavirus. She said that she contacted him and he is recovering. She also talked about the decision of the federal judge on the release of "medically vulnerable" Cook County Jain detainees. Currently, there are 400 prisoners and staffs of jail have been diagnosed positive for COVID-19.
COVID-19 caused a drastic decline in the tourism industry.
The outbreak of coronavirus has not only affected the health and lives of people but has bumped the economy of many countries. The hotels of Chicago are facing massive loss after the closures of non-essential businesses which include tourism. Moreover, all the events of the city have also been cancelled due to coronavirus pandemic.
Chicago is a city famous for tourism with the beauty of nature, music festivals, sports and culinary events. Owing to this popularity, Chicago welcomes several tourists and businessmen every year, especially in summer. However, the hotel boom and tourism industry has been shut down this year due to the global crisis. The annual traffic has decreased in the city, dropping the economy of the city.
Other world news
Nástupca Citroënu C4 Cactus zmení štýl aj meno - Autožurnál TA3
Zaujímavý C4 Cactus je tu s nami už od roku 2014. Nástupca Citroënu C4 Cactus pôjde s módou, prinesie viac štýlu a karosériu typu crossover/kupé.
Pi 10.4.2020 / Dávid Dua / ©Automedia Zaujímavý C4 Cactus je tu s nami u od roku 2014. Spoiatku sa tváril ako obrnený crossover, po facelifte v r. 2018 mu znaka dala konvennejí vzhad klasického hatchbacku, aj ke základné tvary si zachoval. Nástupca pôjde s módou, prinesie viac týlu a karosériu typu crossover/kupé. Nástupca Citroënu C4 Cactus sa nám ukazuje na najnovích záberoch pri jazdných skúkach na zamrznutom kandinávskom jazere. Schválne píem o nástupcovi, a nie o novom C4 Cactuse, kee novinka s najväou pravdepodobnosou úplne zmení meno. "Cactus" u viac nebude korepondova s novou, týlovejou karosériou, ktorá sa zbaví pôvodných plastových ochrán Airbump, vaka ktorým pôvodný Cactus dostal meno a odlíil sa od konkurencie. Preítajte si tie: Oproti komfortne zameranému Cactusu je bada portovejí postoj, novinka sná zaujme aj dynamickejie naladených vodiov. Pre tých, ktorí ocenia komfortné naladenie a "obývakový" charakter majú Francúzi v ponuke typy C3 Aircross a skvelý C5 Aircross. aka vak môeme typický interiér Citroënu s netradinými rieeniami. Odliné zameranie oproti terajiemu Cactusu potvrdil aj jeden z popredných predstaviteov znaky, Xavier Peugeot, pre magazín Top Gear. Má ete vämi polarizova motoristickú verejnos a tým by v triede vekou pecialitkou. Uvidíme, o ukáe sériová podoba. Nový crossover-kupé niej strednej triedy bude poda prvých informácii o trochu dlhí, aby sa odlíil od podobne vekého C3 Aircross. Predpokladáme dku na úrovni 4,3 - 4,4 m a týlovú, extravagantnú karosériu plnú "Citroën" detailov. Nástupca Citroënu C4 Cactus má stá na predenej verzii PSA platformy CMP, ktorú pouíva napr. nový Peugeot 208/Opel Corsa alebo kompaktné SUV Peugeot 2008/DS3 Crossback, popasuje sa s konkurentmi ako napr. vemi atraktívna Kia XCeed alebo aj oplastovaný Ford Focus Active. Odporúame: Pod kapotou oakávame okrem známych benzínových trojvalcových turbomotorov 1.2 PureTech nasadenie hybridnej technológie a prís by mal aj rýdzi elektromobil s technikou elektrického Peugeotu 2008. Novinku francúzska znaka predstaví pravdepodobne koncom roka 2020, do predaja by mala prís zaiatkom roka 2021.
Cent nouveaux professionnels habilités - LE MATiN
Le Matin - Cent nouveaux professionnels habilités
LAMMC a lancé un Portail dhabilitation des professionnels du marché.Nouvelle vague d’habilitations chez l’Autorité marocaine du marché des capitaux (AMMC). À l’issue d’une série d’examens d’habilitation organisée entre décembre 2019 et février 2020, quelque 32 candidats ont été retenus en tant que responsables post-marché, 31 au poste de conseiller financier et 59 contrôleurs internes. «Pour la fonction de contrôleur interne, et compte tenu de son rôle central dans le processus de veille au respect de la réglementation par les opérateurs du marché, les candidats ayant passé avec succès l’examen écrit ont été convoqués pour un examen oral devant un jury désigné par la présidente de l’AMMC», précise l’Autorité dans un communiqué. À noter que sur les 122 candidatures, 100 dossiers ont convaincu, soit un taux de réussite global de la session de 82%.Pour rappel, le dispositif d’habilitation a été lancé en avril 2019, et la première session d’habilitation qui a concerné la fonction de négociateur d’instruments financiers a été organisée, en juin 2019. À l’issue de cette première session, 30 négociateurs d’instruments financiers avaient été habilités par l’AMMC.Toutes les informations sur le dispositif d’habilitation sont disponibles sur le Portail d’habilitation des professionnels du marché qui vient d’être lancé. Ce portail propose du contenu pédagogique, des informations relatives aux sessions d’examen et héberge le registre des personnes habilitées. Il est accessible via l’adresse : https://habilitation.ammc.ma/.