Woman shot a man as he tried to broke in Chicago
Woman shot a man as he tried to broke into her house
Chicago police said that on Wednesday a woman had shot a man as the man broke into her home at Chicago’s Auburn Gresham neighbourhood. The victim is in Holy Cross hospital and currently is in good condition.
Police had found a women inside the residence in the 8300-block of South Kerfoot Avenue at 6:21 p.m.. The women is 31 years old and had taken out a gun to shoot the intruder in the right foot.
Other News by This Author
Pedestrian killed by freight train
It was reported on Wednesday that a pedestrian had been struck and killed by a freight train in northwest suburban Glenview. According to Metra Wisconsin near the area of Dewes Street and Lehigh Avenue Southern Railroad train struck and killed a pedestrian. Although the Metra Milwaukee line also uses the same lines but trains are being allowed.
The identity of the victim has not been disclosed by the police. Further details of the accidents were also not disclosed.
Cook's County jail detainees passed away due to coronavirus
The coronavirus showed its impact on Cook County jail where a total of 6 detainees passed away due to the virus. The Cook County Sheriff office has announced that detainees Juan Salgado Mendoza and Rene Olivo died due to the virus and their exact cause of death is pending as they wait for autopsy reports. Juan Salgado Mendoza, 53 year's old male was admitted in Stroger hospital and has been there since April 13th for testing positive for the virus and died on monday. Rene Olivo, 42 years old too was admitted in the same Stroger hospital on March 30th as a Corona positive case. Another detainee Karl Battiste, a 64 year old died on Sunday at Stroger hospital due to the virus. A total of 400 cases are reported of which 215 of them have tested positive for the virus while 183 of them have already recovered and are closely monitored at recovery centers.
New ideas to tell people to stay at home and maintain social distancing
In Chicago, car parades are the innovation to tell people to stay at home and maintain social distancing. A south suburban man celebrated his 101 birthday with his family and friends on this Sunday. Mario Manocchio is a world war2 army veteran who lives with his daughter.
Party was kept with the help of the local fire department by his loved ones. Tom Salsbury was honored as well. Salsbury is a famous musician. Bourbon street plan was canceled due to COVID-19. Some of the teachers showed their children how much they are missing them by car parade this Sunday. St Michael’s elementary school teachers decorated their cars with balloons and drove in the neighborhood, waving hands to the children.
Governor jb Pritzker has already said kids while being doing their remote learning then also the teacher decided to have a parade. Weiss memorial hospital staff was thanked during this weekend for their fight against the pandemic. They also dropped some coffee and pastries as a bonus treat.
Other News Chicago
Smollett’s counter lawsuit has been thrown out
A federal judge has decided to throw out the Jussie Smollett’s counter lawsuit against the city by saying that the lawsuit can not move forward until the first lawsuit is handled. The city had spent $130000 on investigating a so-called crime in January 2019. The city now is trying to recoup the donated money, and Smollett is avoiding paying that fees. Smollett’s counter lawsuit claims that the investigation has not been carried out correctly and accuses that the critical evidence was ignored. It also claims that Chicago Police Superintendent is trying to target Smollett without any reason. The former “Empire” claimed last year that he was a victim of a racist and homophobic attack. However, police after an investigation said that Smollett himself had staged this attack as he was unhappy with his “Empire” salary.
CHICAGO HAS INITIATED THE MASK DONATION FOR UNDERPRIVILEGED
The city of Chicago also initiated a mask campaign since the state of Illinois ordered wearing face coverings while out in public during the corona outbreak.
The "Together for Chicago! Make a Mask, Share a Mask, Don a Mask campaign, introduced this weekend, invites citizens in Chicago to give homemade masks to a number of organizations while the community sets the beginning day for the state's initiative to display face covers in public spaces on May one.
The masks will be given to unsheltered citizens, neighborhood health centers, & other agencies to help avoid virus infections among the "most marginalized & high-risk people in town," the city said during a news release.
Addiction recovery services, supportive support agencies, community homes, and long-term care centers will receive collected masks.
Masks donation would be taken at 10 o'clock in the morning to two o'clock in the noon. There are a variety of sites in the city on Tues and Sat, including various aldermanic offices & the 14 churches.
City staff will collect the collected fabric masks and send them to the Unified Site, according to authorities. Team Rubicon members must then put the masks into packs at the venue.
CHICAGO MAYOR GOT SPECIAL EMERGENCY POWERS AFTER VOTED BY CITY COUNCIL
The City Council on Fri, by a vote of twenty-nine verses twenty-one, authorized an ordinance giving emergency powers to Mayor during the corona virus disease outbreak.
Local news channel stated on Wed that after the crisis, Lightfoot requested special authority when it came to government expenditure & contract awards. Others also asked whether the power would be granted to the mayor.
"No matter who they were, the residents of the city did opt for arbitrary actions," 25th Ward stated.
The push back did not shock Mayor, while city leaders expect the Central government would repay the remainder of the costs sustained in connection with the disease outbreak.
Any aldermen claim they have confidence in Mayor for handling this situation.
"In the end, Mayor has confidence in being selective in these extraordinary powers that we are offering her," forty-second Ward Ald told.
Other News United States Of America
Torrance man suspected for stealing medication
Christopher Mencia, aged 36, is being suspected of stealing thousands of dollars worth of a controversial medication that has been touted for possible treatment for COVID-19. Christopher Mencias is accused of taking more than 700 tablets of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin, which is valued at $6700. President Donald Trump has touted these two medications have proven to be an effective treatment of COVID-19, but results so far are inconclusive.
There is a group of people who have improved because of drugs. However, there is not sufficient evidence that can describe the two drugs as a possible treatment. One of the studies has even reported that a higher death rate was recorded among the group of people who were treated with these two drugs.
It was reported by the Los Angeles County district attorney’s office that Agustin had stolen the tablets twice from the hospital on different occasions. Hospitals have tightened their attention to the monitoring of this medication so that any further missing of the drugs could be avoided. An official from the hospital said that an inventory noticed the missing quantity of the drugs and notified the hospital authorities. On investigating the incident, Agustin has been arrested on March 31 for grand theft. He has now been held instead of $100,000 bail. If convicted, he can face four years and a four-month jail sentence.
Forced by the scenario, police officer started shooting
In an investigation in the area of 32nd and San Pedro Street, police were called for investigating an incident. One of the police officers decided to include firing, which has caused the death of the suspect. In addition to multiple evidence markers indicating bullet casing, a covered body was visible at the site. There were several damaged vehicles also present at the site.
A thought of having the injured women in the suspect’s vehicle before the incident is also focused. The details of the scenario which caused the office to open fir are not disclosed yet.
CNN anchor’s son battles with COVID-19
Chris Cuomo, the CNN anchor's son, has been suffering from COVID-19 and battling for his life. The anchor's wife used social media as a medium to discuss her side of the story and also provided a health update on her 14 -year old son. Cristina reached on Instagram to tell about how hard she has been working since 10 days to get her son through the virus. She wrote in message that "My heart hurts more than my head over his infection. I'm applying a modified version of my remedies for his protocol with a focus on lots of vitamins. Since his sense of smell and taste have disappeared, I am feeding him healthy foods that I normally can't get him to touch. I kept a diary of the past week, including my remedies and things that I did to stay sane through it all."
Chris Cuomo was also infected with the virus but recovered a month earlier and reunited with his family.
Chris shared the news of Christina's coronavirus diagnosis earlier this month through an Instagram message, which says, "Families all across the state and the country are experiencing... it's very fair for a family to be one and done," Chris shared with his brother, Andrew Cuomo. "Cristina now has COVID, she is now positive, and it just breaks my heart. It is the one thing I was hoping wouldn't happen, and now it has."
Other world news
NASA | 1998 OR2, el gigantesco asteroide con forma de mascarilla, se “aproxima peligrosamente” a la Tierra - Aweita
La roca espacial 1998 OR2 ha sido calificada como “potencialmente peligrosa” por la NASA, aunque no existe un verdadero riesgo de que impacte con la Tierra.
Pese a que la NASA reportó que un asteroide se acercaría peligrosamente a la Tierra a inicios de abril, un equipo de la agencia finalmente ha revelado mayores detalles de esta roca espacial que viaja con dirección a nuestro planeta. La curiosa forma del 1998 OR2 ha sorprendido a la NASA ya que se asemeja a una mascarilla protectora como las que usan los expertos de la medicina y las personas en general durante estos tiempos de crisis por la pandemia del coronavirus. Desde el Observatorio de Arecibo en Puerto Rico, la Agencia Espacial Norteamericana utilizó un telescopio para descifrar la figura del asteroide potencialmente peligroso que se pasará cerca de nuestro planeta el 29 de abril. La institución calcula que el objeto es de unos 1,5 kilómetros de diámetro y que viaja a una velocidad de 8.69 kilómetros por segundo. No obstante, Zhao Haibin -astrónomo del Observatorio de la Montaña Púrpura de la Academia de Ciencias de China- destaca que el elemento pasará a una distancia mínima de 6.28 millones de kilómetros de la Tierra, por lo que tiene cero posibilidadesde golpearla cuando haga el sobrevuelo esta vez. Haibin explica que, pese a esto, el asteroide lleva la denominación de potencialmente peligroso por la periodicidad con la que pasa cerca a la órbita de nuestro planeta. Have you been hearing about asteroid 1998 OR2s close approach on April 29? Rest assured that this asteroid will safely pass Earth by 3.9 million miles/6.2 million km. Have other questions about #asteroids and #planetarydefense? Ask them using #askNASA! pic.twitter.com/a3WhttAoED NASA Asteroid Watch (@AsteroidWatch) April 14, 2020 A través de la cuenta oficial del Arecibo Radar en Twitter, el equipo que monitorea los movimientos del asteroide publicó una serie de fotografías en las que se puede apreciar cómo trabajan para estudiarlo siguiendo los protocolos de sanidad necesarios durante la crisis que atraviesa el mundo por la pandemia del COVID-19. Además, en las palabras que acompañan a las imágenes, se destaca la peculiar figura del 1998 OR2. #TeamRadar y el personal de @NAICobservatory están tomando las medidas de seguridad adecuadas a medida que continuamos las observaciones. ¡Esta semana hemos estado observando el asteroidecercano a la Tierra 1998OR2, que parece que lleva una mascarilla! ¡Tiene al menos 1,5 km de ancho y pasa 16 distancias lunares! mencionó la NASA a través del tuit. #TeamRadar and the @NAICobservatory staff are taking the proper safety measures as we continue observations. This week we have been observing near-Earth asteroid 1998 OR2, which looks like it's wearing a mask! It's at least 1.5 km across and is passing 16 lunar distances away! pic.twitter.com/X2mQJCT2Qg Arecibo Radar (@AreciboRadar) April 18, 2020 El asteroide 1998 OR2 puede resultar intimidante por la frecuencia con la que pasa por la órbita terrestre además de su descomunal tamaño, pero -debido al constante monitoreo que ejecuta la NASA- el elemento ni siquiera ha sido incluido en el Sistema Sentry de la agencia espacial debido a que la posibilidad de que impacte con la superficie terrestre es muy remota desde que fue descubierto en 1998. Video recomendado
Jorge Carrascal podría llegar al fútbol italiano - Liga Deportiva Postobón
De acuerdo a la información de la prensa de Italia, el colombiano es opción en el mercado para la próxima temporada.
En su editorial en el programa Saque Largo de Win Sports, Eduardo Luis López se refirió al protocolo presentado por la Dimayor y al FCF para un posible retorno de actividades. «El Gobierno recibe una ayuda con eso (protocolo de FPC), para que no sea el Gobierno el que diga: ‘ puede volver el fútbol’, como lo tuvo que hacer ayer explicando el presidente con la construcción, y el protocolo es el siguiente: así, así y así; ese protocolo lo tuvo que hacer el Gobierno». «No lo que hizo el fútbol fue ‘si nos permitieran jugar, haríamos esto’. Obvio no es hoy, si lo leen obvio no es hoy. No es titular decir que el presidente dijo que… hoy no, no. Es un titular hoy, pero el presidente sabe que no es para hoy, la Dimayor sabe que no es para hoy». «Estamos es aportando, cuando se pueda, cuando estén dadas las condiciones, con las medidas que pide el Gobierno, con las personas experimentadas; obvio», indicó. El narrador también se refirió a las críticas que vienen recibiendo los periodistas de Win Sports en redes sociales: «Pero del fútbol colombiano vive mucha gente, no Win, no solamente Win, viven también los clubes…Usted que es hincha, no le sirve que su equipo no exista». «Yo solamente soy una voz más, así como hay otras que dicen ‘Lo pagará su madre’, permitan que haya otra que diga: ‘¿Y si volvemos?; ¿Y si volvemos así?; y que rico el fútbol’, que rico que fuera para todo el mundo, y, ¿por qué no piden gratis todo lo demás?… también». «Y que si podemos aportar, claro que podemos aportar algo, ojalá podamos hacer algo, pero el fútbol también es parte de la industria del país», sentenció. Video Eduardo Luis Vea también: «La arrogancia y creer que el fútbol está por encima de todo, le está cobrando factura» Mira las noticias de Liga Deportiva Postobón en Google News. Liga Deportiva Postobón