After 2 motorcycles crash in north Colum Columbus
After 2 motorcycles crash in north Columbus, 1 critical, 1 stable
Columbus police say one individual is in basic condition and a subsequent individual is in stable condition after two cruisers slammed Saturday morning.
Police say the accident occurred around 11:25 a.m. on I-71 North close to Morse Road. One individual was taken to Grant Medical Center in basic condition. A subsequent individual was taken to St. Ann's in stable condition. All paths are right now open, as indicated by police.
Other News by This Author
Hilliard senior graduates with joy after battling brain cancer
Most of the people take their senior year and graduation for granted, but it was not right for Leanna Ramirez.
In March 2017, Ramirez was diagnosed with brain cancer, and after that, it was all about treatment. She had two surgeries, four rounds of chemo, and 33 rounds of radiation. There is a 50/50 chance of tumor growth in the coming years.
But she is still here and alive and happy.
Like, different people have bucket lists Ramirez has "I Lived" list. This list includes going to Times Square for New Year's Eve, white water rafting in Colorado, going to music concerts, and a trip to Hawaii, all thanks to generous donations.
Her parents, John and Janet, know that every day is very precious for her.
"Yeah, there are still moments, though, that we have that you know...," Janet said. "But that's why we do this."
Ramirez came to the school and jumped out of her van to receive her high school diploma. She was congratulated and cheered with a rose.
"You win by how you live, every day," Janet said. "That's how you have control. That's how she has control. We could let this get us down, or we can celebrate every little step. We're just going to celebrate every little step."
Labour Day Festival in Canal Winchester cancelled due to safety concerns amid COVID-19
The Canal Winchester Labor Day Festival set to celebrate 100th anniversary, scheduled from 5th to 7th September, is cancelled. The organizers of this celebration justified the decision as safety concerns during the pandemic COVID-19. Mike Coolman, the Festival Vice-President, stated on behalf of the board of directors that it was not an easy decision but essential and a responsible decision.
Generally, this festival in Canal Winchester attracts large crowds and brings in music, food, midway-rides, Frame Car show and the renowned Labour Day Parade. Also, the organizers have begun planning for the following year’s festival, which might take place from 4th to 6th September.
Former state basketball player Mike Conley donates $200,000 to help medical staff and frontline workers
Mike Conley, a former Ohio State basketball player, had donated $200,000 to people who made him what he is now, those fighting with the pandemic.
He is currently Utah Jazz guard, and his donation "will address food insecurity, homelessness and remote learning needs exacerbated by COVID-19," according to the release from the team.
The donation from the player will be distributed among the Utah Food Bank in Salt Lake City, CodeCrew in Memphis, Tennessee; Community Shelter Board and the Columbus Urban League in Columbus, Ohio; the Indianapolis Public Schools Foundation in Indianapolis; and the New Haven Missionary Baptist Church in West Helena, Arkansas.
Community Shelter Board would use the donation from the former Ohio State's player in Columbus by providing masks for every staff member and people in the homeless system. It will also be used to provide personal protective equipment to staff working at isolation centers and quarantine shelters for COVID-19.
The donation by Conley is a part of the "Acts of Caring" platform of NBA Together, aiming to make the NBA reach all the critically impacted parts of society due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Conley won the NBA HORSE Challenge last month, which included a donation of $200,000 by State Farm to charities involved in Coronavirus response efforts on behalf of participants.
Other News Columbus
A man after receiving a help as rent thanked with a gesture of gratitude
Many people have lost their jobs due to coronavirus and struggle to pay for basic life necesities, but they are receiving financial lifeline.
And on Friday, an extraordinary gesture of gratitude was seen.
Early Friday morning, a line of people was formed outside of the Columbus Urban League.
Among these needy people was one person named Ryan Griffin.
He lost his hotel job in March due to pandemic.
He says that he daily fear if he will be able to provide for his son.
"It's scary. And it's hurtful. When I look at him and think I might not be able to feed you or keep a roof over your head, you know? It makes me — it makes me sad," he said.
On Friday, Urban the Urban League distributed over 100 checks, from amounts ranging from $500 to $1,000. But this was only the start as they say they have more than 600 applications waiting to be processed.
Rhonda Gaines, who manages the housing stabilization program, said, "We've received over 5,000 phone calls since we started our program in March. Over 5,000. We get maybe 200 calls a day for rental assistance coming from people who've never applied for assistance. They've never applied for unemployment, they've never applied for anything. And they need help."
Griffin said that for such help, a small piece of gratitude is the least he can do.
The hotline number is 614-484-9111: https://www.cul.org/
A 19-year old suffers gunshot wounds after robbery in Southwest Columbus, police looking for the suspects
As per police reports, two males approached a 19-year old victim near the 1600 Block, Belvoir Boulevard and demanded money and after taking the money, they shot the victim twice.
The police reacted after they received a call from Doctor's West Hospital, after 4 pm, where the victim was seen suffering from gunshot injuries in his upper arm as well as lower body.
If anyone is aware of the incident and has any detail, he/she can contact Central Ohio Crime Stoppers ((614) 461-TIPS) or Columbus Police Felony Assault Unit ((614) 645-4141).
High school football playoff expanded from 8 to 12 teams per region
High School Athletic Association Board of Directors had allowed a higher number of teams to compete for a state title next year under an extended high school playoff.
The board had the voting on Wednesday and decided that football playoffs will be expanded from 8 schools per region to 12 schools per region from the 2021 season.
In the first round, the top four seeds will not have to compete anymore till quarterfinal, and No. 12 seed will play at the No. 5 seed, No. 11 at No. 6, No. 10 at No. 7, and No. 9 at No. 8.
According to OHSAA, last year, 709 schools in Ohio played 11-man football. After the expansion, the total number of qualifier playoffs will increase to 336 from 224.
“We still have details to work out regarding the format and specific season dates, but this vote by the Board gives us the green light to finalize those details for 2021,” said Beau Rugg, Senior Director of Officiating and Sport Management for the OHSAA and the Association’s football administrator. “We are thankful for the Board’s support on this proposal, which will bring all the great things of playoff football to 112 additional schools and communities.”
The final in 2021 is expected to be held between Dec 2-5, as decided earlier.
Schools will still be permitted to play ten regular-season games.
Other News United States Of America
NBA, Players' Association discussing plan to resume season
The NBA is in converses with the class' Player's Association in regards to an arrangement to continue the 2019-2020 season, the group said in an announcement Saturday.
The arrangement is see all games and practices at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at Disney World in Florida. Players would likewise be housed there for the rest of the period/
Under the arrangement, association play would continue in "late July."
It's muddled what number of games would be played, and how the season finisher framework would be organized.
The declaration comes a day after the NHL reported it was in conversation with its Players' Association to continue play with a 24-group season finisher framework.
State agencies prohibited by Gov. Jared Polis from sharing information for civil immigration enforcement
Gov. Jared Polis gave an order this week to his areas of expertise and state organizations banning them from offering data to Immigration and Customs Enforcement for common implementation.
Before the coronavirus general wellbeing emergency grabbed hold in the state, Sen. Julie Gonzales was working with the Meyer Law Office on a bill that would keep ICE from utilizing state databases, for example, from the Department of Motor Vehicles to follow settlers. It assumed a lower priority as legislators concentrated on coronavirus reaction and spending cuts.
Be that as it may, the worry about ICE's utilization of state data to extradite migrants is more elevated when individuals are attempting to get to help during a pandemic and financial shutdowns, so the supporters have been working with Polis to discover another approach to broaden securities.
The direction calls for state organizations not to demand data about an individual's movement status or discharge it — aside from as required by state or government law, for an authentic law implementation reason or as approved by the senator. That incorporates not giving it exclusively to common government movement implementation. It likewise spreads out prerequisites for keeping a composed solicitation log and giving quarterly reports. Organizations have 30 days from Wednesday to embrace the approaches.
Free food distribution to West Ohau families; also an opportunity for food waste in the agricultural industry
Over a thousand boxes of food were offered out to families deprived at Waianae Mall on Saturday. The free food dissemination is likewise assisting with disposing of waste as coordinators state the shutdown of the travel industry and restaurants has prompted a more noteworthy open door for food squander in the farming business. They also mention that the number of families experiencing an absence of fundamental necessities and food uncertainty has ascended by half, in the course of these few months. The circumstance led the USDA Farmers to Families Food Box Program, which is interfacing nearby ranchers and farmers to food banks and different non-profits who may require those provisions.
Rich Bettini, CEO of Waianae Coast Comprehensive Health Center, sponsored the event and said that few out of every odd network had encountered the infection similarly. In a lower salary network, they have lost their jobs. Some fundamental needs should be dealt with, and in Waianae, they are dealing with on their own.
Ham Produce and Seafood is one of the Hawaii-based organizations to get financing through the program. At present, it's working with nearby ranchers, for example, Aloun Farms, and Dole Food. Co. Hawaii to orchestrate almost 100,000 boxes of food and convey them to neighbourhood non-profits, who can help distribute them across the islands.
They'll be disseminated through June 30th.
Other world news
【一分鐘看世界】世衞停試瘧疾藥、外媒關注香港、航空公司飛不起 - 香港01
2020-05-26 07:00 526 Donald Trump24Full MeasureSharyl AttkissonHydroxychloroquineWHO25COVID-19 423Porto AlegreNossa Senhora da Conceicao hospital G7 201910Saint John Henry NewmanGetty Images 3 5.8 7 01Twitter @[email protected]
Cuerpos de seguridad abaten a seis hombres en 90 minutos - La Prensa de Lara
Nueva noticia sobre: Cuerpos de seguridad abaten a seis hombres en 90 minutos
José D. Sequera | LA PRENSA de Lara - El inicio de la semana en Barquisimeto fue de sangre después que ayer y en sólo 90 minutos, seis hombres murieran en distintos tiroteos contra funcionarios de las FAES y de la BRI, cuerpos de seguridad pertenecientes a la Policía Nacional Bolivariana (PNB), pues eran buscados para ponerles los ganchos.Las FAES fueron las que iniciaron las operaciones policiales. Eran las 5:30 de la mañana cuando los funcionarios, supuestamente, intercambiaron disparos contra Yender Javier Arriechi Mujica (22) alias "Virolo" en Santos Luzardo, líder de una banda delictiva que se dedicaba al robo y hurto. "Virolo" hizo caso omiso a las órdenes de los policías, por lo que decidió accionar su arma, generando el tiroteo, recibiendo un balazo fulminante en el pecho. Este hombre tenía tres entradas policiales, dos de ellas del año pasado por drogas y robo genérico, y otra del 2014 por robo de gandolas. Media hora después, se registraron dos plomazones con otros dos abatidos. Una de ellas fue en una casa de la carrera 2 del barrio El Carmen, en el que resultó abatido Jean Carlos GonzálezFréitez (39), alias "Jeans", quien tenía entradas por homicidio, robo, hurto y distribución de drogas entre 1999 y 2010. Según contaron vecinos de la zona, una ráfaga de tiros los despertó en el amanecer, pero no sabían qué estaba sucediendo. "Eran las 6:00 de la mañana cuando escuché los tiros, me asomé y vi que estaban los funcionarios de las FAES saliendo en una camioneta llevándose al muchacho muerto", dijo uno de los vecinos de "Jeans". Mientras que en el segundo tiroteo de las 6:00 de la mañana, murió Moisés Antonio Herrera Barreto. Herrera, según una fuente policial, pertenecía a la banda del "Misaelito", y también tenía un registro por robo de vehículo en el 2015. Supuestamente, se enfrentó con un revólver a los funcionarios en una casa, ubicada en el barrio El Turbio. A las 6:30 de la mañana y en una casa frente al estadio La Tomatera en el sector Tierra Negra se registró la cuarta plomazón. Allí, José Castillo (56), alias "Guarapo de Uva", hizo frente a las FAES con balazos, pero cayó muerto con un balazo en el pecho. Este delincuente tenía nueve entradas policiales entre 1984 y 2016 por hurto, lesiones personales, robo, posesión y tráfico de drogas, además de violencia física. Los últimos dos abatidos se registraron a las 7:00 de la mañana. Keiner Hibrahin TorresMonge, murió en un tiroteo con las FAES en La Carucieña tras ignorar la voz de alto que le dieron, pues él, supuestamente, pertenecía a una banda delictiva dedicada al hurto. Al mismo tiempo en la avenida 13 con calle 4 del sector Valle Lindo 2, de El Cují, funcionarios de la Brigada de Respuesta Inmediata (BRI) abatieron a Vilmer Reinoso Escobar (32), quien tenía dos entradas por droga y resistencia a la autoridad en 2009 y 2018. "A su familia la sacaron de la casa" Familiares de Jean Carlos González Fréitez (39), uno de los fallecidos en los 6 tiroteos que hubo ayer en Barquisimeto, específicamente en El Carmen, afirmaron en la morgue del hospital que los funcionarios llegaron a su casa para llevarse a toda su familia. "A su esposa y a sus cinco hijos se los llevaron porque les dijeron que tenían que firmar unos papeles, y dejaron a Jean Carlos con ellos en la casa. Después de ahí, no sabemos que pasó", comentó un familiar. Tanto sus familiares como vecinos contaron que él había estado preso en Cepella, Portuguesa, por hurto, hasta noviembre de 2019, y después de su liberación se había metido a comerciante. "Él estaba vendiendo torticas de arroz con su esposa en Barrio Unión", dijo una vecina. Síguenos en nuestras redes sociales como @laprensalara. Estamos en Twitter, Facebook, Instagram y Youtube.