Post 3631--on the verge of shutting dow Denver
Post 3631--on the verge of shutting down?
A single VFW Post in Aurora (Post 3631) and that also is on the verge of shutting down due to current lockdown orders.
History remains engraved in every surface where people who once served the country are now serving their communities.
The ceiling tiles of Post 3631 shows members of every war. They speak about the history of not only the post but also the people living there, states post commander Cody Burrows.
This post has been in its worse due to the adversities of COVID-19--the water supply is shut, the halls which once used to be so busy are now stark empty.
He also stated that there isn't any way in which money could be brought in, and because of the lack of donations, the post might close. They are nearly on the ragged edge right now.
Former Post Commander Gary Anguilm stated that this used to be the place where he could come and talk and people there listened. He shared things he wouldn't normally share with his family.
A group that has been giving so much to the veterans now needs our help in return. It's our time to thank them for the deeds they have been doing for so long.
Other News by This Author
Dozens of people pack into Castle Rock restaurant
While a couple of restaurants and cafes across Colaba city offering takeout services in accordance to dealing with the public health orders, Truck cafe and bar in Colaba had another plan for Saturday night.
Some image's taken inside the cafe and bar by Times Now media shows booth is conjured all tables are occupied by people and a line ending out of the cafe door The owner of the Truck cafe and bar declined to speak on the record with Rio
The Dcp office said that cafe like Truck was violating the law, They are not just breaking the rules, they are putting the lives of their staff costumers and all over community in danger.
Spokesperson Rizvi Menon said in a statement, under Safer at a home restaurant, food court, cafes other similar places of accommodation offering food and beverage for on-premises consumption are still all closed due to public health issues, Delivery service is also closed, Colombians can contact with the police department if they believe someone is violating the law of safer at home.
The state health department called Truck cafe and bar owner and said actions are disappointing and it was overcoming the efforts of other Colaba's restaurant and residentials.
We are disappointed that Truck c&b in Colaba had decided to ignore the government law Safer at home order and open up yesterday with no sense of responsibility of social distancing and health-related precautions of the public.
Spokesperson Umang said in a statement the decision runs the risk of overcoming the impact that other business and shops have achieved over last seven weeks by talking various social distancing measures, As the entity charged with enforcing the government nationwide safer at home public health orders, we will follow up with this cafes to check that they like other restaurants in the country take appropriate steps and actions to protect the public health orders by limiting service to the curbside and take out of service
The counsellor of the area Sergio posted a post on social media that he was among those at the cafe and said he had some history with the cafe owner.
The owner is peoples a person hit by a car in last year then by the sound of hitting the owner of the Truck cafe run to the accident site and called an ambulance immediately and also removed a victim from his car and in some time the ambulance arrived then next day he also visited the hospital with a bunch of flowers and a card of getting well soon with a smile he entered in a hospital ward where the victim is out of danger. We wanted to show our support as they providing for some families
About 10 miles away in Colaba , Joanah who was tail gating in the parking lot of brewing company says she doesn't think it is the right time to fully open the restaurant and food court .
I think having a full dine in service is still may be not following so much guidelines that are a part in place right now .
The owner of the brewing company says they invited people to come to the parking lot outside thier business and stay at a safe distance without offering dine in services with proper precautions that the mask on the face and goggles on eyes also a plastic cap on head and also gloves in hand that no one can effect and stay safe in this environment .
Aurora Woman's mournful mother's day 2020
Irish Martinez or her family did not have a jovial mother's day this year. The family grief's for their son, they lost in hit and run case. As described by Irish Martinez, her all the children visited her yet her heart ached as her youngest son, Tony could not make it neither would be able to make ever again.
Anthony Martinez, 39, was struck and killed, last Sunday, by a hit and run driver in Adams County.
Mrs. Mertinez has been the most agonized one since. She urged that whoever has done it must come forward because it was wrong and she lost her boy forever. He always tried to help people. The last time they met him was the day before he passed away.
After the brief investigation, Investigators at the Colorado State Patrol stated, he was hit by the Southbound vehicle while he was walking by eastbound, in a crosswalk at West 60th Avenue & Federal Boulevard. And describe the vehicle it as a mid-2000s Nissan King Cab, with the front end damage might be missing part of the grill, the front Nissan emblem and perhaps the front bumper.
The statement has been officially released that anyone who witnessed the crash, or who has any information about what happened, is asked to contact the Colorado State Patrol at 303-239-4501.
Survivor of Columbine high school massacre got to his new apartment after being homeless for long time
38-year-old Richard Castaldo is a survivor of the Columbine High School massacre. This massacre left him homeless. But now he got his new apartment in February, which was made by the money donated by people in COLOrado and California. Castaldo thanks to the people who helped him get back home.
In a video posted to Facebook on Friday, Castaldo was seen arriving at his new home in a wheelchair. This was very different from what he had seen in the last eight months.
A February profile in the Los Angeles Times describes Castaldo as sick and homeless in September last year. Later, in February, he got help and was in a convalescent home, and a GoFundMe page was created to help him in a hard time.
According to the organizers of the GoFundMe, all money collected will be placed in a trust for Castaldo’s benefit.
Other News Denver
Denver City Council holds the plastic bag fees for one more year
The Denver City Council to waive plastic bag fee for one more year as disposable bags to be the new norm amidst the present situation of the world.
The ongoing coronavirus pandemic has duly prompted many stores in the city to ban reusable bags while some stores have chosen to restrict their usage as one-time-use bags are supposedly a better option.
Some stores are still allowing their customers to carry their own reusable bags if they are willing to bag their own goods.
Due to the virus being highly contagious, the step to use single-use plastic seems to be a sensible one as they are supposed to be more sterile, and also them being disposable makes the chances of virus being spread through them less likely.
The city of Denver was to implement a 10-cent fee for disposable bags, beginning from July 1, the decision was taken in December, before the pandemic.
When pollution was a prominent problem, and plastic was a big contributor to the issue, so the city had decided to follow into the steps of other cities such as colorado and implement a fee on plastic bags to discourage their use.
Armed suspects impersonated as delivery men foraged into a westminster home
10200 block of Newton Court, Westminster, Colo. witnessed a mysterious event at about 8:30 pm on Friday night. Four adult black males were accused of invading a house in construction type clothes seen with a handgun underneath the package one of them was holding, according to the details described by the owner of the house.
They foraged the entire house but any theft hasn’t been confirmed yet. The owner of the house wasn’t injured during the incident.
The suspects were last witnessed driving a white coloured truck out of the area in a rash manner. The truck had logos similar to that of Fed Ex and the windows seemed to be cracked and taped up.
The police is in search of all four of them. Anyone with information relevant to this case is requested to confess it to the Westminster Police.
21-year-old sentenced 50 years imprisonment to kill a girl in Park County
On Friday, 21-year-old Joshua Thomsen was sentenced for 50 years of imprisonment for killing 21-year-old Amy Shrieves, according to the judgment by Judge William B Bain.
His imprisonment sentence includes 46 years for second-degree murder and four years for tampering with a deceased human body. He has to serve both consecutively.
Thomsen was declared guilty for both the crimes in January 2020, after he initially submitted a not guilty plea in November 2019.
He was arrested after he shot Colorado Springs resident in the back of the head in Park County. Before this, he also drove the dead body to Walmart on 8th Street in Colorado Springs in April of 2019.
According to the arrest affidavit, Thomsen told investigators that he was called by Shrieves to help her in killing herself. He also said that both of them met at a Cinemark Tinseltown Movie Theater and then drove to Eleven Mile State Park, where the shoot took place.
According to the investigators' interrogation, Thomsen shot her four or five times in the head. Then he placed her in the car and drove her to Walmart.
Thomsen also told that he texted Shrieves's ex-boyfriend from her phone about her death and the shooting so that he doesn't get to know from someone else.
Colorado Springs Police also found a .45 semi-automatic pistol in his car, which he got from Park County scene.
According to the documents from the court, Thomsen has to come to court again on September 25th,2020.
Other News United States Of America
1 Individual Dead in Fiery Crash Involving Van and Tractor on New Jersey Turnpike
In any event, one individual passed in a red hot accident on the New Jersey Turnpike in Mount Laurel, Monday Night.
A van collided with the back of the tractor-trailer in the southbound paths of the Turnpike close to the Creek Road. The effect made the van and part of the truck into flames.
A person starts to protect an individual inside the van. That individual was later announced dead.
Patient pinned inside a vehicle in a rollover accident
The day was Saturday and at approximately 7:40 p.m., Austin Travis County EMS responded to a call from the patient who has pinned inside their vehicle in between the 814-1008 block of South Capital Of Texas Highway. The vehicle in which the patient has pinned inside had rolled over and the patient had trapped inside. The accident was major and the vehicle was totally destroyed and damaged from outside, some of them had small injuries but the others had major life-threatening injuries. After that, an additional number of the ambulance was requested for five other patients, for the ones who had non-life threatening injuries. So, that they would be treated before some critical illness and be recovered from the problematic situation. Then, after more than 40 minutes extrication, the
patient was transported to St. David's South Austin Medical Center with critical, life-threatening injuries. There, he/she will have proper treatment of their injuries. That's all we had and no further information has been submitted. The accident was major and we have to collect a lot of information from the sources which will take time and. And, also the answer rises that what led the accident happened? So, we will soon inform you about the full investigation.
Electrical malfunction caused fire in a mosque in Minneapolis
Electrical malfunction lead to a fire in a mosque in Minneapolis on Sunday, said the Minneapolis
Police Public Information Officer John Elder, he also said that there is nothing suspicious about
Fortunately, no one was injured due to the accident and the firefighters were able to put off the
fire in time, apparently, there was only some minor damage to the property.
Authorities say a neighbour spotted the fire overnight Sunday at Tawfiq Islamic Center on the
2900 block of Lyndale Avenue North and called for help.
The incident was reported by a neighbour and Jaylani Hussein, executive director of
CAIR-Minnesota said, "Because of recent hate incidents nationwide and because of the blaze
occurred at a house of worship, we urge state and federal officials to use their full resources to
investigate the cause of this fire to determine whether it was arson and if there was a possible
bias motive, anyone who has information about this fire or saw anything suspicious at the time
of the blaze should immediately contact law enforcement authorities."
Other world news
Las aerolíneas latinoamericanas buscan un rescate para evitar el destino de Avianca - elEconomistaAmérica (Argentina)
Avianca Holdings sabía desde marzo que la liquidez de la aerolínea colombiana solo conseguiría cubrir sus gastos por unos cuantos meses mientras su flota se encontrara totalmente en tierra por causa de las cuarentenas para frenar la propagación del coronaviru…
Iglesia de Miami niega implicaciones en atentado a embajada de Cuba en Washington - CiberCuba
"Lo único que sabemos es que asistió por varios meses a nuestra iglesia en el 2018. Luego supimos que se había mudado de la ciudad" dijo el pastor.
El pastor Frank López, de la Iglesia Doral Jesus Worship Center, negó las supuestas implicaciones de él y su congregación con el atacante a la embajada de Cuba en Estados Unidos, como aseguró este martes el canciller Bruno Rodríguez desde La Habana. "Lo único que sabemos es que asistió por varios meses a nuestra iglesia en el 2018. Luego supimos que se había mudado de la ciudad", dijo el religioso sobre Alexander Alazo, el hombre detenido en Washington por disparar al cuerpo diplomático cubano. En un comunicado obtenido por CiberCuba, López lamenta la situación por la que pasa este cubano y su familia, a quienes tienen presente en sus oraciones. "Nuestro mensaje como iglesia está basado 100% en los principios bíblicos y en el mensaje de Salvación del Señor Jesucristo. Es un lugar donde las puertas están abiertas para todo aquel que quiera venir a adorar y buscar comunión con Dios, sin importar ideales políticos", apuntó. Su respuesta viene después de que el máximo funcionario del Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores (MINREX) de Cuba acusó a EE.UU. de ocultar información sobre el atentado a la embajada cubana en Washington. Rodríguez incluyó a la Iglesia Doral Jesus Worship Center, en el noroeste de Miami, y su pastor López entre los supuestos lazos de Alazo con "individuos que pertenecen a agrupaciones que apoyan al actual gobierno de Estados Unidos, pero que también incitan constantemente a la violencia y el odio contra Cuba", según dijo en la conferencia de prensa. El diplomático cubano apuntó que en esa iglesia "se reúnen regularmente personas con conocidas conductas a favor de la agresión, la hostilidad, la violencia y el extremismo contra Cuba". Otra de los acusados por Rodríguez, la opositora cubana Yoaxis Marcheco, también desmintió los supuestos vínculos con Alazo y defendió al pastor López. "No puedo dejar de mencionar la bajeza de este figurín del régimen castristra al mencionar al pastor Frank López de la Iglesia Jesus Worship Center del Doral como alguien que instigó al tirador, no se puede ser más burdo en las acusaciones", escribió en Facebook. Las autoridades de Cuba fueron prudentes en el primer momento que se conoció el ataque de Alazo a la embajada. Sin embargo, posteriormente volvieron al tono habitual de culpar a Estados Unidos y acusarlo incluso de proteger a un terrorista. El canciller cubano fue uno de los primeros en señalar a la administración de Donald Trump y luego el gobernante designado Miguel Díaz-Canel afirmó, en la misma línea, que fue un acto de odio. "No compartir con país atacado toda la información equivale a tolerancia y revive historia de terrorismo contra Cuba", agregó. Por su parte, un alto funcionario del Departamento de Estado ratificó a CiberCuba el compromiso de EE.UU. con la protección de sedes diplomáticas y la embajada estadounidense en Cuba condenó el atentado contra el cuerpo diplomático. El Servicio Secreto y la policía de Washington, por su parte, investigan al cubano implicado en el incidente, quien permanece en prisión preventiva y deberá comparecer este jueves ante el juez. Hasta ahora la información divulgada por documentos judiciales, señala que Alazo padece de esquizofrenia y temor constante a ser perseguido por agentes de la Seguridad del Estado de Cuba. Esa paranoia lo llevó a dormir durante semanas en su automóvil y en la madrugada del 30 de abril atacó al cuerpo diplomático de la isla en Washington con un fusil AK-47. Sin embargo, José Ramón Cabañas, embajador cubano en EE.UU., duda del perfil divulgado del sospechoso y señaló en una entrevista con medios estatales que la información fue filtrada para crear "una matriz de opinión incluso antes de que se conozca la información de manera oficial". Alexander Alazo está acusado de atacar con violencia a funcionarios e instalaciones extranjeras, dañar de forma intencional la propiedad de un gobierno extranjero y usar un arma no registrada, según el documento de acusación del gobierno de EE.UU.
Carmen Meléndez: En unos pocos días vamos a ir normalizando la administración de carga #13May - El Impulso
Este miércoles Carmen Melendez indicó a través de su programa de radial sobre la COVID-19 en el estado Lara, que su equipo se encuentra evaluando los sistemas de generación eléctrica en la región a propósito de los constantes apagones que afectan al estado La…
Este miércoles Carmen Melendez indicó a través de su programa de radial sobre la COVID-19 en el estado Lara, que su equipo se encuentra evaluando los sistemas de generación eléctrica en la región a propósito de los constantes apagones que afectan al estado Lara en medio de la cuarentena social. En unos pocos días vamos a ir normalizando la administración de carga, un día sí u otro no, o disminuyendo los tiempos, aseguró Carmen Meléndez al final de su programa de radio. Meléndez también destacó que la implementación de una nueva ruta de transporte desde Cabudare hasta Barquisimeto a partir de este jueves 14 de mayo. La ruta tendrá parada única en ambos municipios. La parada de Cabudare estará ubicada en la avenida La Mata con calle 1 y la parada en Barquisimeto estará en los alrededores de la Plaza La Mora en la carrera 24 con calle 23. El costo del pasaje será de Bs. 10 mil bolívares. Por su parte, el General de división José Santiago Moreno Martínez, jefe de la Zona Operativa de Defensa Integral (ZODI) informó sobre la captura de individuos presuntamente pertenecientes a grupos delincuenciales en la región, durante un operativo en el sector Lomade León en el oeste de Barquisimeto. En otro orden de ideas, Carmen Meléndez hizo un llamado a los comerciantes del centro de Barquisimeto a mantener limpios el frente de sus negocios. Hay negocios que ayer dejaron el basurero regado en la calle y no lo vamos a permitir. Negocios que no recojan su basura serán cerrados individualmente. De igual forma informó que continúan recibiendo migrantes en las instalaciones de la Villa Bolivariana recibiendo la atención necesaria y aplicandoles las pruebas correspondientes.