Survivor of Columbine high school massa Denver
Survivor of Columbine high school massacre got to his new apartment after being homeless for long time
38-year-old Richard Castaldo is a survivor of the Columbine High School massacre. This massacre left him homeless. But now he got his new apartment in February, which was made by the money donated by people in COLOrado and California. Castaldo thanks to the people who helped him get back home.
In a video posted to Facebook on Friday, Castaldo was seen arriving at his new home in a wheelchair. This was very different from what he had seen in the last eight months.
A February profile in the Los Angeles Times describes Castaldo as sick and homeless in September last year. Later, in February, he got help and was in a convalescent home, and a GoFundMe page was created to help him in a hard time.
According to the organizers of the GoFundMe, all money collected will be placed in a trust for Castaldo’s benefit.
Other News by This Author
Fort Collins sports company planning to start youth baseball and softball from June 1
The pandemic had caused all the sports to stop, and the player are in their homes without any practice for long. Many softball and baseball players have not done batting practice from much time, but this week the players in Fort Collins got a chance to practice.
"It's like the best feeling ever after being cooped up at home," said softball player Tatum Aragon.
High school-aged players who play for the traveling team got a chance to practice at Triple Crown Sports complex. But the coach kept all the safety measures as he sprayed the baseball and dugouts with disinfectant before and after practice.
Founder David King said players said that all the players are maintaining social distancing by splitting the teams into three groups of 5 players. According to him, social distancing will also help players when they play a game.
King also believes by this method of social distancing; he can also help to organize a game by June 1, keeping everyone safe. This plan includes masks worn by all the batters, defensive infielders, and the umpire.
King had already sent a proposal to the governor's office. The spokesperson from the governor's office said, "We will work with our public health experts to determine if it can be done safely."
Lockdown has been extended to May 8
As we all know, coronavirus is spreading at a breakneck speed so stay at home order ended last week but has been extended now till May 8.
Officers of Denver made an announcement that the mayor has extended the stay at home order on Monday. The news conference will be helped by Denver mayor Michel Hancock for the further reopening of businesses in Denver on Tuesday afternoon.
Many of the businesses owners, as well as employees, are waiting to get back to their earlier lives.
On May 9, they all are expecting to reopen the businesses.
The business owner said they will take all safety measures after reopening. The customers will be maintaining distance in the shop, or they will make them stay in the car and give their items in their vehicle.
All the customers, employees and owner will be wearing a mask for safety.
Tailors are there to make masks for all the customers who have no mask.no one knows when the business will reopen and come back to normal, but everyone has hope for safely opening of companies.
Due to pandemic summer festivals are cancelled
As summer is the festive season in Colorado but due to pandemic COVID-19, every event has cancelled for safety measures. Dever’s annual Cino de Meyo celebration has cancelled. The organizer of this art event cherry creek felt said to announce that the exciting festival of the summer has been cancelled. This festival is going to be online now.on may 16 Saturday this festival is going to be out online with two-hour broadcast in which local musicians will see. Through this way, we all are going to remember this festival in a unique way.
The Senior Vice President of Radio for KUVO, Tina Cartagena said, "I really do hope that the community will love what we've been working on for last few weeks and know that we just really felt like the festival had to be part of our 2020 year which has been disrupted in so many ways."
Other News Denver
Denver hospital employees resent the administration's lack of responsibility in supplying PPE
Denver Health workers are coming together on Tuesday to get a seat in the hospital's executive
table as they are vexed with hospital policies and lack of proper PPE kits and sick time.
"We are scared of getting infected and it would make our anxiety much more easily handled if we
knew that our employers were going to provide us with more than just one week paid sick leave
and expect us to dip into our paid time off," said a Denver Health employee anonymously to keep
her identity private fearing risk of retaliation.
Loryn Ceaario, Communication Workers of America said"Just today with the launch of the public
The campaign we’ve had dozens of members sign up to be a part of the union."
Another employee said that they are of the hope to move the administration to provide the
proper safety equipment like PPE to ensure the safety of both themselves and the patients.
Swim beach to close temporarily considering the huge crowd coming daily even in such risky times
The swim beach at Big Soda Lake will be closed temporarily starting from Saturday as the destination had become very crowded as many people are coming to relax at this time after stay-at-home.
The regional supervisor of the city of Lakewood, Drew Sparfke, said that they had seen a record rise in the crowd starting in March, and similar trends are being continued till now.
According to Sparfke, there were an estimated 500 to 800 people who came to stay and relax on this sand and water coming from the Denver metro area last Sunday.
He also said, "Our swim beach and marina were pretty much overflowing with people, with very little social distancing. It looked just like a summer weekend out here."
City of Lakewood and Jefferson County health officials jointly decided to close the park temporarily to stop the crowd and keep people safe.
A visitor to this place, Anne Drabkin, said this decision made her have mixed emotions.
"It's a shame," she said. "It's beautiful out here. It's great to get some fresh air and to get the kids out of our tiny cramped house. But of course, if there is a risk of spreading the virus, or contracting the virus, then I absolutely support any effort on the part of the city, or the county, to limit that."
F-16 FRONT SPECTRUM AIR SHOW FROM A MAP OF TODAY
Colorado Coast protective F-16s will roar above from Buckley AF camp on Wed as they begin a Front Scope courtesy ride.
The security said that raising public confidence during the corona virus outbreak recognized as Operation United states Determination is part of a national AF project. They will move the throttle up and drive toward Sterling in northeastern Colorado after the warplanes take to the sky at Buckley A.F.B — flying overhead at about 4:33 o'clock in the morning.
The entire air show operates from about 4:30 o'clock in the morning. At 6 o'clock in the evening. Wednesday evening. On a map you can see where they are going to pass over your residence place.
Other News United States Of America
Farxiga approved by FDA for the treatment of heart failure, may also help some COVID-19 patients
Farxiga, a diabetes drug developed by AstraZeneca, had become the first drug that had received FDA approval for the treatment of Heart failure.
Dr. Mikhail N. Kosiborod, a cardiologist and vice president of research at Saint Luke's Health System, was also a part of investigating team for the efficacy and safety of the drug said: "It's great news for patients with this condition."
Kosiborod also said that this drug was initially developed for the treatment of diabetes, but later it was approved as a drug for heart patients. He also added that it works on a different mechanism, unlike other medications for such diseases, and it provides a new option for the treatment of heart failures
AstraZeneca is studying the drug for its use for some patients of COVID-19 with some severe cardiovascular problems such as blood clots and heart damage.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, heart failures affect about 6.5 million people in the country every year, and in 2017 it became the reason for 1 in 8 deaths.
This approval can also be beneficial for the patients of COVID-19 suffering from such problems.
Some researchers are also conducting many studies to determine that it can help certain patients suffering from COVID-19.
Superfine Pizza offering delicious pizzas with special offer of 20%, valid for limited time
The owner of Downtown LA's Superfine Pizza and renowned restaurant Rossoblu Chef Steve Samson told us that he had to change all the ways to run business. Rossoblu restaurant had to be closed due to closures, but Superfine was able to sustain as it is primarily a delivery and takeaway restaurant.
Samson said: "We've been able to kind of eliminate pretty much all over the counter contact. All the sales have to be made online, so people can just pull up, and we'll deliver the Pizza right into their car."
Samson, in these times, found a way to utilize Rossoblu to make meals for his employees who are working or furloughed. This was a very innovative idea to provide help to his employees.
"I cook a meal with some of my guys at Rossoblu, we offer kind of an essentials package every Friday... we have our team come in and pick up these kits that we've put together for them," said Samson.
If you want to have delicious Pizza and would like to help a local restaurant in this tough time, you can order at superfinepizza.com. You can also use promo code BELOCALISH to get 20% off on curbside pick up. This offer is valid until June 30, 2020.
1101 San Perdo Street
City Market South
Downtown Los Angeles
Salons fear for safety as they reopen considering the state’s guidelines
Columbus Salon owner Evan Joseph and co-owner Brain Deal said that the announcement that the salons will reopen from May 15 shocked them as they were expecting it to be earlier.
The reopening of salons will be allowed, but only for salons following all the guidelines that were created by the government and an advisory group of stylists, owners, and more.
But according to Joseph and Deal, they not even heard of any such advisory group; otherwise, they would have tried to be a part of the group.
According to an online petition launched Friday, the man said that the guidance is somewhat incomplete, and the state needs a better framework to reopen.
Deal and Joseph are worried about their employees and customer as, at this time, it is vital to be safe. They are especially concerned about the issue that employees have to wear a mask and not clients.
According to guidelines, it is almost impossible to maintain social distancing as a salon has a workspace, lobby, break room, office, etc.
They feel that the other stylists think the same and fear going back to work, but they are forced to go to work due to economic pressure. These times had also put a very high financial strain on independent stylists and small salons.
But they had continued to pay their employees through all the difficult times.
Other world news
Шлюб Вукоєвича на межі розпаду | Новини на - Gazeta.ua
Селекціонер київського "Динамо" Огнен Вукоєвич привернув увагу преси і хорватської поліції. Увечері, 7 травня, він прийшов додому напідпитку. Зауваження дружини Андреї – колишньої фотомоделі про алкоголізм розлютило Огнена не на жарт. Він погрожував уби…
"Policija visu dienu sekoja līdzi tam, lai nepieļautu pulcēšanos." 9. maijā Uzvaras parka apkaimē fiksēti 24 ārkārtējās situācijas ierobežojumu pārkāpumi - Apollo.lv
Valsts policija (VP) un Rīgas pilsētas pašvaldības policija 9. maijā Uzvaras parka apkaimē kopumā fiksējusi 44 pārkāpumus, no kuriem 24 saistīti ar pulcēšanās un fiziskās distances neievērošanu, aģentūrai LETA pastāstīja VP pārstāve Elīna Priedīte.
Via norda, ka vakar likumsargi pastiprint rem strdja dads viets Rgas teritorij, pai Uzvaras park, nodroinot sabiedrisko krtbu un drobu, k ar to, lai tiek ievroti joprojm spk esoie rkrtjs situcijas noteiktie ierobeojumi un aizliegumi. Neskatoties uz aicinjumiem ievrot rkrtjs situcijas laik noteiktos ierobeojumus un citas visprpieemts normas, par kurm personas var saukt pie atbildbas, policija konstatja vairkus prkpumus, par ko attiecgi tika sktas administratvs lietvedbas vai noformti protokoli. Kopum likumsargi fiksja 44 prkpumus. 24 gadjumos fiksta pulcans un fizisks distances neievroana, bet seos gadjumos fiksta alkoholisko dzrienu vai citu apreibinoo vielu lietoana vai atraans alkoholisko dzrienu vai citu apreibinoo vielu ietekm. Vl divos gadjumos fiksts skais hulignisms, bet trijos gadjumos - Rgas domes saistoo noteikumu prkpana. Astoos gadjumos noformts administratvais protokols par ceu satiksmes noteikumu neievroanu, k ar vien gadjum fiksta drona pilotana un lidojumu drobas noteikumu prkpana. Personu rcba notikuaj tiks vrtta, savukrt citi btiski starpgadjumi nav fiksti. Socilo tklu platformu lietotji, vrojot notiekoo Uzvaras park, prmet VP bezdarbbu un bezzobainbu, nodroinot parka apkaim pulcans ierobeojumu ievroanu. Vairki iedzvotji bija publicjui no attluma uzemtus parka foto, kuros izskats, ka pie Uzvaras piemineka pulcjas simtiem cilvku. Iedzvotji paudui neizpratni un sautumu, kd policija nekdi nerea, sankuos neizkldina un neizraksta prkpuma protokolus, jo cits situcijs, piemram, kad park sporto etri jauniei, krtbsargi uzreiz esot klt un aizrdot. Daudzi socilo tklu platformu lietotji ar pau nosodjumu policijai kopum, nordot, ka ar du attieksmi VP zaudjusi gadiem ilgi veidoto cieu pret institciju, jo vl 4. maij, kad Latvij svinta valsts Neatkarbas atjaunoanas diena, valsts augstks amatpersonas piekodinjuas izvairties no jebkda veida pulcans. Atsevii socilo mediju lietotji, tostarp politii, kritizja ieklietu ministru Sandi irenu (KPV LV), kur neesot spjis nodroint krtbu un noteikumu ievroanu. Savukrt VP norda, ka ir saprotamas iedzvotju baas, jo, no malas skatoties, var ist, ka vienkopus pie Uzvaras piemineka vakar bija sapulcjus vairkas personas, kuras neievro distanci un pulcans aizliegumus, un ie iespjamie prkpumi netiek novrsti no policijas puses. "Tomr jnorda, ka ms dzvojam tiesisk valst un visu dienu policija ir sekojusi ldzi tam, lai nepieautu pulcanos, distance tiktu ievrota un personas, kas bija individuli ieradus pie Uzvaras piemineka nolikt ziedus, lieki neuzkavtos tur," pau iestd. Ar atsevii socilo mediju lietotji paudui, ka, lai gan no attluma parks izskatjs pilns ar cilvkiem, kltien visi distancans ierobeojumi esot tikui maksimli ievroti, cenoties nedrzmties. Policij norda, ka Uzvaras parka teritorij sabiedrisks krtbs uzraudzb tika iesaistti vairki desmiti policistu, kas, regulri patruljot kjm, prraudzja teritoriju. Tpat sabiedrisks krtbas uzraudzb iesaistjs kinologi, k ar hipologi, kuri, esot uz zirga, prredz situciju no augstka skatu punkta, ldz ar to trk pamanot, ja nepiecieams kdu izkliedt. Paralli tika uzraudzts, lai tiek ievroti ceu satiksmes noteikumi. Visu dienu tika izmantoti ar policijas automanas skarui, kuros neprtraukti atskaoja brdinjumus par pulcans un distances ievroanu. Savukrt tm personm, kuras nav ievrojuas sabiedrisks krtbas vai rkrtjs situcijas ierobeojumus, ir likts prtraukt likumprkpumu vai ir sktas administratvs lietvedbas.