Local Florida New York news, United States of America
In Florida, an unidentified man hijacked a car carrying coronavirus vaccines.
The police said that the attacker was about 20 years old. He stole a gray 2018 Hyundai Accent with a license plate NPJJ58. There is a coronavirus vaccine inside the car. The number of doses was not disclosed.
Recall that a pharmacist from Wisconsin (USA), a former employee of the Aurora Medical Center, Stephen Brandenburg, pleaded guilty to intentionally spoiling about 500 doses of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine. Now he faces up to 10 years in prison.
Latest news Florida - here are the news of nearby cities
Hello to whom ever will respond to me..I have received my Stimulus check of $1200 which was not enough,my landlord is after me of paying him the rent also my car payment keeps calling me to make payments I am stressing out here and I am unemployed do to corona virus my wife is pregnant and I need help with income which I can get some food for my home...please help me here I have applied to different places and didn’t get no answer yet..I really don’t know what to do...
Motivating learners throughout this crisis
Prepared by: Dennesha Frazer (Teachfray)
A few weeks ago, we were doing business as usual in our classrooms. We incorporated technology here and there, as the lessons required but never have we been totally reliant on that medium. When this pandemic hit our country in March of 2020, we were thrust outside our normal. Since then, almost overnight, we have had to move from the traditional classroom to a virtual one. Despite all the challenges, educators must seek to keep learners motivated to achieve. Below are 10 tips on how to do so.
1. Be emotionally intelligent. This is needed in a crisis more than any other time. As much as your life has been affected, so has the lives of your students. One of my finest students has been unable to submit all her assignments because she has had to be baby sitting. Another sent me a picture to represent the challenges of her crammed household.
Amidst these prevailing circumstances, the educator must keep in touch with the realities of the learners. Let the learner know you are aware that they are having challenges. This will keep them interested.
2. Go the extra mile. Put measures in place to mitigate some of these challenges which the learners are experiencing. I have had to be very lenient with assignment deadlines and have had to take screenshots when the actual document would have been more ideal. Also, I have had to assist students in uploading assignments so, that I could have a record of same on the selected platform for grading.
3. Attend to the individual learner. In the virtual classroom, you must reach out to greet individual students the way you would in the traditional classroom. Pause to have conversations about random things that interest them. Find out how they are doing and how they have been coping. Being caring is an element of motivation.
4. Plan with the whole constituent in mind. I have observed that, as educators have gotten excited about the various platforms and applications available to aid in online learning, they might have inadvertently made choices that have been detrimental to some learners.
Only approximately 20% of my learners have access to wifi. Most of them use a data plan which they purchase daily or weekly. Each time I prepare for a learning incident, I bear this in mind. Therefore, I download videos instead of posting links, I use a voice note instead of a live meeting and I choose a platform with an application so that assignment uploading will be low on data consumption. You cannot afford to frustrate your learners during this challenging time.
5. Teach in bite sizes. Online learning can be very overwhelming, especially for students who depend on the element of human presence to grasp concepts quickly. Therefore, to keep learners motivated as they attain new knowledge, the educator must be strategic in the volume of new contents being shared.
Therefore, in the past week, as I taught my 10th graders how to work with PowerPoint, I first had them watch a video and answer guided questions. After this, I offered them feedback and gave them an opportunity to resubmit corrections. Then and only then did I have them create a single slide with a background. When I was satisfied that they understood how to manipulate the software, I gave them a task to prepare a 5 slide presentation about their family. The submission rate was unbelievable and the quality was excellent.
6. Provide adequate learning support. To keep learners motivated, the educator must be available to offer guidance to struggling students. You must be aware that the learners who seem brightest in the traditional setting may struggle a lot in the virtual setup. Therefore, provide enough examples, supporting materials and be available to assist.
7. Use a lot of formative assessment activities. It is better to do small assessment task as the lesson progresses than to wait for the end of a topic or unit to do testing. This is as true online as it is in the traditional setup. This way, you can also motivate learners as they see themselves attaining mastery bit by bit.
8. Offer detailed feedback promptly. The learners will only remain motivated if they can track their progress. They also want an opportunity to improve their output and since the goal is mastery, the educators should be accommodating in this area.
For my students, I try to provide feedback within one or two days after they post their responses to assessment tasks.
9. Develop a rewards system. There are methods online such as a score board which could be used to rank learners and offer healthy peer competition. It is advisable that the ranking focuses on capturing at least the top 30% to heighten healthy competition.
Using an application such as ScoreKeeper, might be a great idea.
Things must also be in place to celebrate learners who may never make it to the top of the class.
10. Do not forsake traditional motivational techniques. The methods of using stamps and stickers never grow old. Recently, good old stickers were successfully used by my principal to commend teachers for maintaining excellent attendance records. It works even better for children and teens.
For the digital setup, I have created some digital stickers which can be used in the whatsapp classroom.
Please remember that Student Motivation can never grow old. It has been one of the finest methods used to keep many hundreds of learners on task when they couldn't think of another reason to do so. Keep at it.
Have fun motivating your learners throughout this crisis!
Top 15 most expensive brands in the world
In the first place Apple, for the year the value of Apple increased by 26%. It currently stands at $ 408.25 billion.
The companies that entered the top ten have maintained their positions during 2021. In second place was the Amazon brand (up 24%), in third place was Microsoft up 27% (in second place), and in fourth place was Google (up 19%).
Falling cat saved at a football game
The most notable catch Saturday during the game between No. 22 Miami and Appalachian State didn't even happen on the field.
Wasn't even a football. It was a cat.
The cat somehow got into Hard Rock Stadium then got caught by one of its paws off the facade of the upper deck. It eventually fell to the lower level of the stadium, where fans using an American flag as a makeshift net were able to safely catch it before it was carried off to safety.
"They were trying to grab it from above, and they couldn't reach it but they were scaring it downward," said Craig Cromer, a facilities manager at the University of Miami and season-ticket holder who, with his wife Kimberly, brings the flag to each home game. "It hung there for a little while with its two front paws, then one paw, then I was like, 'Oh my goodness, it's coming soon.'"
That's when the Cromers unhooked the flag from the ties they use to keep it on a railing and hoped for the best. The petrified cat fell, bounced a bit off the flag and eventually was secured in the nearby student section before being brought away by stadium security workers.
Miami coach Manny Diaz said he learned of the cat incident postgame. The Hurricanes held on Saturday, topping Appalachian State 25-23.
"I don't know anything about that or what was going on,'' Diaz said. "But I'll tell you, if the cat will help us in our red-zone offense, I'm going to see if we can give it a scholarship."
The cat was not showing any signs of injury. The Cromers, other than a spilled beverage and getting sprayed by the dangling cat, were otherwise fine.
"Strangest thing that's ever happened at a game," Kimberly Cromer said
Popular singer Lady Gaga presented her new album called "Dawn of Chromatica".
The new album is a remix of Gaga's latest album "Chromatica".
"Dawn of Chromatica" includes new collaborations and remixes from the track list of the original album, the executive producer of which is BloodPop. In total, it includes 14 tracks.
“I invite you to dance to this album in honor of young artists from around the world. Artists who see the world, feel the world and invest this feeling in something more than all of us: music, ”said Gaga.
A shooting occurred in Washington, killing six people and killing a 6-year-old child.
Police in the area heard gunshots, and when they arrived at the scene, they found the wounded.
A 6-year-old girl was taken to hospital, where she later died. The lives of the rest of the wounded are safe.
Police are currently investigating the circumstances of the shooting, looking for possible witnesses and videos of the incident. As Benedict explained, there have been no arrests yet.
Donald Trump attended the wedding of his supporters in Mar-a-Lago and began to criticize Joe Biden and talk about politics
Taking the microphone, Trump said he was following the news closely and was upset about what he saw and heard. In particular, he began to talk about the problems on the border with Mexico, the situation in Iran, as well as - relations with China.