Torrance man suspected for stealing medi Los Angeles
Torrance man suspected for stealing medication
Christopher Mencia, aged 36, is being suspected of stealing thousands of dollars worth of a controversial medication that has been touted for possible treatment for COVID-19. Christopher Mencias is accused of taking more than 700 tablets of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin, which is valued at $6700. President Donald Trump has touted these two medications have proven to be an effective treatment of COVID-19, but results so far are inconclusive.
There is a group of people who have improved because of drugs. However, there is not sufficient evidence that can describe the two drugs as a possible treatment. One of the studies has even reported that a higher death rate was recorded among the group of people who were treated with these two drugs.
It was reported by the Los Angeles County district attorney’s office that Agustin had stolen the tablets twice from the hospital on different occasions. Hospitals have tightened their attention to the monitoring of this medication so that any further missing of the drugs could be avoided. An official from the hospital said that an inventory noticed the missing quantity of the drugs and notified the hospital authorities. On investigating the incident, Agustin has been arrested on March 31 for grand theft. He has now been held instead of $100,000 bail. If convicted, he can face four years and a four-month jail sentence.
Other News by This Author
Delivery drivers also playing an important role in the state
Due to health guidelines against COVID-19 people are maintaining social distancing. This has lead to work from and attending lectures online; therefore, in the current scenario, the work of the delivery driver is becoming very crucial.
UPS delivery driver Steven Lopez said that he is working about 11-12 hours every day with his gloves and mask on so that he does not get infected. He said that the current period for him and his fellow delivery driver is hectic, probably same as that at the time of Christmas however, he added that he is very proud of himself for serving the residents of California by the necessities.
UPS is ensuring the safety of its delivery driver by providing them with all the protective equipment. In the middle of the pandemic Amazon, FedEx and the United States Postal Service have reported increased demand.
Lopez said that he has observed that most of the packages which he has to deliver are care packages. These packages are mostly for elderly people, and often there is a note on these packages such as ‘‘take care grandma, take care auntie,’’
Lopez thinks that although he is not a healthcare worker or first responder, he has a very crucial role to play. He also said that he was used to thanking the police forces, but now it’s the other way around.
LA County study's revealed Antibody positive cases
An ongoing collaborative study conducted by USC revealed that a large number of people tested had antibodies for the novel corona virus, as a party of the study a total of 863 people in LA County were treated. Dr. Neeraj Sood who works for USC stated that since the percentage of people affected with virus is large, there are heavy chances that one could be infected at any given point. These results shed light on how to extensively the virus has been spreading, approximately 221,000 to 442,000 adults in the county have contracted infection at some point according to study, those that are infected could possess a great risk to the community as the could spread to others unknowingly. The officials stressed that testing positive for antibodies should not let one think that they are immune to the virus as no reliable information is available on possible immunity development against the virus, until then the researchers will continue to test more and more people in the county for the coming few months to estimate the presence and spread of the virus, this should hopefully give more credible results.
No protection for tenants in Hancock park
People are saying the government has not done good work for the protection of tenants. Los Angeles mayor Eric Garcetti is coming under the light. On Sunday dozens of car past on mayor’s hancock park home. In the car people who were protesting gathered and want that mayor should cancel their rents.
Because of this pandemic a deadly virus COVID-19 the number of people are unemployed.
The mayor has already stopped eviction of those impacted by COVID-19 and issued temporary freeze but are not agreeing this.
One of the protestor said that they support Los Angeles tenant’s union and extend not to pay moratorium because they don’t want to see homelessness anymore.
Raymond Hosvsepian an attorney said some landlords are in debt.
Landlords are going through the tough time they are not able to pay there property tax and mortgages. Protester want vacant hotel to be used in this pandemic and said the land load who tortured them should be penalized. Hovsepian says that during this hard time of outbreak where most of the people are unemployed should be delay their rates and strike to be balanced as this has made chaos in the city and may be harmful.
Other News Los Angeles
Forced by the scenario, police officer started shooting
In an investigation in the area of 32nd and San Pedro Street, police were called for investigating an incident. One of the police officers decided to include firing, which has caused the death of the suspect. In addition to multiple evidence markers indicating bullet casing, a covered body was visible at the site. There were several damaged vehicles also present at the site.
A thought of having the injured women in the suspect’s vehicle before the incident is also focused. The details of the scenario which caused the office to open fir are not disclosed yet.
AS THE HOT CLIMATE ON THE WAY ON WEEKEND THE L.A OPENED THE COOLING CENTERS FOR ITS CITIZENS
The L.A Department reported Fri that it has installed 4 cooling centers to support residents deal with predicted hot weather to persist through the weekend.
While the Healthier at Home instructions are still in effect after the corona virus pandemic, representatives from Recreation & Parks told the centers would obey the requirements for distancing between public during the time of working.
Local news channel announced an extreme alert of heat for the L.A region that started on Fri morn which would be in place until six p.m. on Sat.
After the operating hours of the centers have been finished, the staff will have to obey the citywide park shutting & prohibitions imposed by Healthier at Home Directives & Public Safety Instructions from the county department before further notification, representatives from Recreation & Parks stated.
For any queries and information visit their official website.
THE MAYOR OF L.A SHARES THE LATEST FIGURES OF DEATH TOLLS AND ASKED CITIZENS TO REMAIN IN HOMES DURING WEEKENDS
On Fri April twenty-four. .Mayor Eric Garcetti of LA City reported the new details about the spread of coronavirus. The County of L.A. in collaboration with the Mayor to identifies moves on the road of healing.
The Mayor of the City of Los Angeles presented the resources and details exchanged between his office and the district. Eric Garcetti meets with hospital professionals closely to determine the right path to open up the Los Angeles market. Screening and information can assess the attention required to recover from corona virus.
Mayor Garcetti held a briefing for the community to include an update on L.A. County reaction to corona virus. With the latest estimates behind the COVID-19 spread, the Los Angeles City Mayor started reporting on corona virus. As of twenty-four April. A further fifty-two fatalities resulted, of which forty-eight came between the ages of sixty-five and over. This takes the cumulative deaths attributable to corona virus to the L.A.
County before eight hundred and forty-eight. Death-rate correlated with corona virus increased after 8th days. There have been 1,035 new cases of COVID-19 recorded today, in total there are 18,517 positive incidents of COVID-19 in the Los Angeles area.
Eric Garcetti stated that obedience to the social distancing principles is the strongest protection and the most successful path to be healthy. In L.A., the increasing temperatures contribute to the possibility of leaving the house. Mayor Garcetti said, "There is a strong connection of what you want to do this weekend, how long it will take, and how many lives we will waste." He added, "Hold it insight and do the best thing this weekend."
Other News United States Of America
CNN anchor’s son battles with COVID-19
Chris Cuomo, the CNN anchor's son, has been suffering from COVID-19 and battling for his life. The anchor's wife used social media as a medium to discuss her side of the story and also provided a health update on her 14 -year old son. Cristina reached on Instagram to tell about how hard she has been working since 10 days to get her son through the virus. She wrote in message that "My heart hurts more than my head over his infection. I'm applying a modified version of my remedies for his protocol with a focus on lots of vitamins. Since his sense of smell and taste have disappeared, I am feeding him healthy foods that I normally can't get him to touch. I kept a diary of the past week, including my remedies and things that I did to stay sane through it all."
Chris Cuomo was also infected with the virus but recovered a month earlier and reunited with his family.
Chris shared the news of Christina's coronavirus diagnosis earlier this month through an Instagram message, which says, "Families all across the state and the country are experiencing... it's very fair for a family to be one and done," Chris shared with his brother, Andrew Cuomo. "Cristina now has COVID, she is now positive, and it just breaks my heart. It is the one thing I was hoping wouldn't happen, and now it has."
A Comment by McConnell creates a tussle situation
At the Hugh Hewitt Show in a discussion of the recent coronavirus relief bill, McConnell said that the federal government couldn't just send a blank check down to states and local government. They may not utilize the test as beneficial even if the country goes bankrupt. These comments, as expected, were not welcomed by the state governors. Gov. murphy criticizes the statements by saying that it is not the time to suggest that it is a good time for the state to go bankrupt. He concluded these statements as entirely irresponsible.
Republican Congressman Pete King also described these statements as shameful and indefensible. Gov. Andrew Cuomo cited that these statements were one of the dumbest comments of all time. He further said that finance in New Jersey, New York, and other states hit hard by COVID-19 will take a significant hit from the virus, and the virus before attacking does not ask anyone whether you are a Republican or a Democrat. Cuomo also said that his state New York state put into the federal pot $116 billion more than they take from it.
When President Donald Trump was being asked about his opinions on the comments, he said that he is having no knowledge of the comments and said touted states are doing well as compared to the tri-states where the death count is 22,000. He refuses to address any justification for the comments in the evening press conference.
Police informs for domestic violence victims about their rights and available facilities
Here Crime Stoppers and the Police Department of Honolulu are informing about the resources available for Domestic Violence victims. Domestic violence is a cruel crime, and police are always concerned about it, especially in this challenging time. Due to stresses created by stay-at-home order and difficult situation of COVID-19, the cases may grow, according to Experts. At this time of lockdowns, victims may find themselves helpless and stuck in quarters with abusive partners or family members, making them more vulnerable to any abuse. Be aware of signs of frustration and avoid getting into any argument and stay safe at home. If the case is about to ensue, go to another room and cool down. Get support from family and friends via your phone or email. There are resources for victims, such as crisis hotlines and shelters. The Domestic Violence Action Center helpline has many ways to find you a safe place. The following are available resources:
The Oahu Helpline: (808) 531-3771
Toll-Free Helpline: (800) 690-6200
New Text Line: (605) 956-5680
According to Honolulu Police, if at any time that you feel you are in danger or need help, please call 911.
Other world news
NASA | 1998 OR2, el gigantesco asteroide con forma de mascarilla, se “aproxima peligrosamente” a la Tierra - Aweita
La roca espacial 1998 OR2 ha sido calificada como “potencialmente peligrosa” por la NASA, aunque no existe un verdadero riesgo de que impacte con la Tierra.
Pese a que la NASA reportó que un asteroide se acercaría peligrosamente a la Tierra a inicios de abril, un equipo de la agencia finalmente ha revelado mayores detalles de esta roca espacial que viaja con dirección a nuestro planeta. La curiosa forma del 1998 OR2 ha sorprendido a la NASA ya que se asemeja a una mascarilla protectora como las que usan los expertos de la medicina y las personas en general durante estos tiempos de crisis por la pandemia del coronavirus. Desde el Observatorio de Arecibo en Puerto Rico, la Agencia Espacial Norteamericana utilizó un telescopio para descifrar la figura del asteroide potencialmente peligroso que se pasará cerca de nuestro planeta el 29 de abril. La institución calcula que el objeto es de unos 1,5 kilómetros de diámetro y que viaja a una velocidad de 8.69 kilómetros por segundo. No obstante, Zhao Haibin -astrónomo del Observatorio de la Montaña Púrpura de la Academia de Ciencias de China- destaca que el elemento pasará a una distancia mínima de 6.28 millones de kilómetros de la Tierra, por lo que tiene cero posibilidadesde golpearla cuando haga el sobrevuelo esta vez. Haibin explica que, pese a esto, el asteroide lleva la denominación de potencialmente peligroso por la periodicidad con la que pasa cerca a la órbita de nuestro planeta. Have you been hearing about asteroid 1998 OR2s close approach on April 29? Rest assured that this asteroid will safely pass Earth by 3.9 million miles/6.2 million km. Have other questions about #asteroids and #planetarydefense? Ask them using #askNASA! pic.twitter.com/a3WhttAoED NASA Asteroid Watch (@AsteroidWatch) April 14, 2020 A través de la cuenta oficial del Arecibo Radar en Twitter, el equipo que monitorea los movimientos del asteroide publicó una serie de fotografías en las que se puede apreciar cómo trabajan para estudiarlo siguiendo los protocolos de sanidad necesarios durante la crisis que atraviesa el mundo por la pandemia del COVID-19. Además, en las palabras que acompañan a las imágenes, se destaca la peculiar figura del 1998 OR2. #TeamRadar y el personal de @NAICobservatory están tomando las medidas de seguridad adecuadas a medida que continuamos las observaciones. ¡Esta semana hemos estado observando el asteroidecercano a la Tierra 1998OR2, que parece que lleva una mascarilla! ¡Tiene al menos 1,5 km de ancho y pasa 16 distancias lunares! mencionó la NASA a través del tuit. #TeamRadar and the @NAICobservatory staff are taking the proper safety measures as we continue observations. This week we have been observing near-Earth asteroid 1998 OR2, which looks like it's wearing a mask! It's at least 1.5 km across and is passing 16 lunar distances away! pic.twitter.com/X2mQJCT2Qg Arecibo Radar (@AreciboRadar) April 18, 2020 El asteroide 1998 OR2 puede resultar intimidante por la frecuencia con la que pasa por la órbita terrestre además de su descomunal tamaño, pero -debido al constante monitoreo que ejecuta la NASA- el elemento ni siquiera ha sido incluido en el Sistema Sentry de la agencia espacial debido a que la posibilidad de que impacte con la superficie terrestre es muy remota desde que fue descubierto en 1998. Video recomendado
Más de 100 intoxicados en EE UU luego del comentario 'sarcástico' de Trump - Panorama.com.ve
Pese a las alertas de médicos y expertos, algunos ciudadanos tomaron al pie de la letra las palabras de Trump y las aplicaron pensando que se curaban.
Los servicios de emergencia en Estados Unidos han atendido más de 100 casos de personas intoxicadas por lejía y productos higiénicos, luego que el presidente Donald Trump afirmara públicamente que esos productos podrían limpiar el organismo del coronavirus. El pasado jueves 23-A, Trump hizo un comentario en el que recomendaba inyectarse desinfectante y usar luz ultravioleta para acabar con el coronavirus, palabras que desconcertaron a toda la comunidad científica que rápidamente desmintió la información para evitar consecuencias. Pese a las alertas de médicos y expertos estadounidenses, algunos ciudadanos tomaron al pie de la letra las palabras del presidente y las aplicaron en sus propios cuerpos, pensando que se curaban cuando en realidad se estaban envenenado, reseñó Telesur en su sitio web. El Centro de Control de Envenenamientos reportó más de 100 casos, que no requirieron intervención hospitalaria, ya que las personas que acudieron a los centros de salud presentaban los primeros síntomas del envenenamiento como vómito y malestar general, que se trataron a tiempo. El presidente Donald Trump dijo que sus declaraciones habían sido en modo sarcástico, y culpó a los medios de lo sucedido, al agregar que estos usaron su comentario de mala manera. Las personas que siguieron a pie de la letra las recomendaciones de Donald Trump están fuera de peligro y no se teme por su vida.