Local New York Mills New York news, United States of America
Latest news New York Mills - here are the news of nearby cities
Is Your Business at Risk of a Costly Coronavirus Lawsuit?
Legal cases claim workers brought COVID-19 home and infected relatives
Businesses experiencing COVID-19 outbreaks are now faced with costly lawsuit claims that workers brought coronavirus home and infected relatives, Reuters reports. A proactive approach using Alexander's Cleaning Service's Nano-Shield Antimicrobial System can reduce your exposure.
Big News for NEPA
Governor Wolf Signs Renewal to COVID-19 Disaster Declaration
11/25/2020 Governor Tom Wolf signed a third renewal of his 90-day Proclamation of Disaster Emergency for the COVID-19 pandemic.
** CLICK HERE FOR FULL ARTICLE **
Do you have a 90 Day COVID Protection Plan?
Click to learn learn about the 90 Day COVID SHIELD!
COVID-19 update for Sunday, November 29
State adds more than 5,000 new cases.
5,529 new COVID-19 cases bring the state wide total over 300,00.
GO TO WNEP.COM for up to date info.
In Florida, an unidentified man hijacked a car carrying coronavirus vaccines.
The police said that the attacker was about 20 years old. He stole a gray 2018 Hyundai Accent with a license plate NPJJ58. There is a coronavirus vaccine inside the car. The number of doses was not disclosed.
Recall that a pharmacist from Wisconsin (USA), a former employee of the Aurora Medical Center, Stephen Brandenburg, pleaded guilty to intentionally spoiling about 500 doses of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine. Now he faces up to 10 years in prison.
Motivating learners throughout this crisis
Prepared by: Dennesha Frazer (Teachfray)
A few weeks ago, we were doing business as usual in our classrooms. We incorporated technology here and there, as the lessons required but never have we been totally reliant on that medium. When this pandemic hit our country in March of 2020, we were thrust outside our normal. Since then, almost overnight, we have had to move from the traditional classroom to a virtual one. Despite all the challenges, educators must seek to keep learners motivated to achieve. Below are 10 tips on how to do so.
1. Be emotionally intelligent. This is needed in a crisis more than any other time. As much as your life has been affected, so has the lives of your students. One of my finest students has been unable to submit all her assignments because she has had to be baby sitting. Another sent me a picture to represent the challenges of her crammed household.
Amidst these prevailing circumstances, the educator must keep in touch with the realities of the learners. Let the learner know you are aware that they are having challenges. This will keep them interested.
2. Go the extra mile. Put measures in place to mitigate some of these challenges which the learners are experiencing. I have had to be very lenient with assignment deadlines and have had to take screenshots when the actual document would have been more ideal. Also, I have had to assist students in uploading assignments so, that I could have a record of same on the selected platform for grading.
3. Attend to the individual learner. In the virtual classroom, you must reach out to greet individual students the way you would in the traditional classroom. Pause to have conversations about random things that interest them. Find out how they are doing and how they have been coping. Being caring is an element of motivation.
4. Plan with the whole constituent in mind. I have observed that, as educators have gotten excited about the various platforms and applications available to aid in online learning, they might have inadvertently made choices that have been detrimental to some learners.
Only approximately 20% of my learners have access to wifi. Most of them use a data plan which they purchase daily or weekly. Each time I prepare for a learning incident, I bear this in mind. Therefore, I download videos instead of posting links, I use a voice note instead of a live meeting and I choose a platform with an application so that assignment uploading will be low on data consumption. You cannot afford to frustrate your learners during this challenging time.
5. Teach in bite sizes. Online learning can be very overwhelming, especially for students who depend on the element of human presence to grasp concepts quickly. Therefore, to keep learners motivated as they attain new knowledge, the educator must be strategic in the volume of new contents being shared.
Therefore, in the past week, as I taught my 10th graders how to work with PowerPoint, I first had them watch a video and answer guided questions. After this, I offered them feedback and gave them an opportunity to resubmit corrections. Then and only then did I have them create a single slide with a background. When I was satisfied that they understood how to manipulate the software, I gave them a task to prepare a 5 slide presentation about their family. The submission rate was unbelievable and the quality was excellent.
6. Provide adequate learning support. To keep learners motivated, the educator must be available to offer guidance to struggling students. You must be aware that the learners who seem brightest in the traditional setting may struggle a lot in the virtual setup. Therefore, provide enough examples, supporting materials and be available to assist.
7. Use a lot of formative assessment activities. It is better to do small assessment task as the lesson progresses than to wait for the end of a topic or unit to do testing. This is as true online as it is in the traditional setup. This way, you can also motivate learners as they see themselves attaining mastery bit by bit.
8. Offer detailed feedback promptly. The learners will only remain motivated if they can track their progress. They also want an opportunity to improve their output and since the goal is mastery, the educators should be accommodating in this area.
For my students, I try to provide feedback within one or two days after they post their responses to assessment tasks.
9. Develop a rewards system. There are methods online such as a score board which could be used to rank learners and offer healthy peer competition. It is advisable that the ranking focuses on capturing at least the top 30% to heighten healthy competition.
Using an application such as ScoreKeeper, might be a great idea.
Things must also be in place to celebrate learners who may never make it to the top of the class.
10. Do not forsake traditional motivational techniques. The methods of using stamps and stickers never grow old. Recently, good old stickers were successfully used by my principal to commend teachers for maintaining excellent attendance records. It works even better for children and teens.
For the digital setup, I have created some digital stickers which can be used in the whatsapp classroom.
Please remember that Student Motivation can never grow old. It has been one of the finest methods used to keep many hundreds of learners on task when they couldn't think of another reason to do so. Keep at it.
Have fun motivating your learners throughout this crisis!
Mohan Chinnasamy's story
Mohan Chinnasamy is a passionate singer, musician and songwriter who hails from Chennai, The Detroit of Tamil Nadu, India . As a lyricist, singer and music producer he collaborated with various artists and other music producers to produce Independent Music album called “from the dust “. He had an interest in music from his childhood but due to lack of opportunities to learn formal music education, he couldn’t study music as formal course during school days but, the passion and an irresistable thirst on music never stopped him to pursue his goal.
In 1996, At the age of 16, Mohan Chinnasamy started his musical journey by composing his first song. In 2019, He released his independent music album through a music record label “Rishon N Ryan Creations ” along with Singer Pr John Jebaraj, Music Director David Selvam, Levlin Samuel , Jolly Abraham, Max Rajkumar . He worked with eminent musicians from Tamil film industry such as Keba Jeremiah, Napier Naveen, Mani (Star Vijay TV) , sarangi ‘Dliruba’ player Saroja, ‘Sarangi’ Manonmani and popular Indian percussionist Kiran.
He started to build an online music community with his social media presence on YouTube, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. Since then, He garnered a large following and has been featured in more than 120 international music media outlets such Apple itunes, Spotify, YouTube music, Jiosaavn, Amazon music, Shazam, Hungama etc. .
Mohan chinnasamy has benefited society in more than one ways. He has also managed to achieve what most of the people only think of in short span of 3 years of time . Below listed are some of the accomplishments . He has been named among the top 50 musical artist in Gospel music industry in Chennai. He has been recognised and bestowed with “Certificate of commitment “ Award from World book of Records (WBR), Switzerland in 2021.
Further. He got awarded as “best singer” in singing competition held on 75th independence day celebration organised from office of commissioner of GST and central excise , Central Board of Indirect tax and Customs (CBIC), Department of finance, Government of India.
At present, He is actively pursuing Hindustani Classical music from Shri Kuldeep Sagar from Alaap music academy, Chennai and Classical Carnatic music from Shri T. L. Thiagarajan , son of veteran Play back singer Shri Trichy Loganathan ,who was the first play back singer in Tamil film industry he has been a contributing to the society by impacting the lives of people with the strong message of self confidence ,optimistic thinking, motivational content through the songs and music which attracted thousands of followers across different social platforms.
Many of his original songs such as “Neer Sonnal Ellam Aagum” and “Udaintha Paathiram” went viral and which crossed more than 1.5 Million+ views in YouTube, and all his songs from his album fetched more than lakhs of views in YouTube, in which more than 25,000+ people are subscribed him to watch all the songs.
Going forward, Mohan Chinnasamy is willing soul to encourage and empower many people through his lyrics and songs of various genre which resulting many admiring testimonials. Currently, Mohan Chinnasamy is working on to release 5 of his upcoming new projects based on “Carnatic Raagas” . Further, He is producing two singles with ‘Bharathiyar’s original poem and ‘Namakkal Kavignar’ Ramalingam pillai’s poem as musical songs by collaborating with music composer of his Carnatic music teacher Shri T. L. Thiagarajan.
Mohan shares contents on social awareness, informative stories and motivation. Through his content and guidance he makes sure that he serves as an inspiration to many aspiring young talents in music and song writing. He is actively contribute to groom new singers by sharing his experiences and resources and also by presiding over as judge in various music festivals and programmes.
Learn more about Mohan Chinnasamy by visiting his official website www.mohanchinnasamy.com
Meet John Divineson Israel, inspiring songwriter of India
John Divineson Israel is an Indian contemporary singer, worship leader and a motivational speaker. He has produced two gospel albums Divine Love Vol. 1 (2014) and Divine Love Vol. 2 (2017) And also released multiple singles in Tamil, English, and Hindi. He started his musical journey at the very young age of 19. He is an Engineering graduate and also holds a master's degree. He studied music from the University of the West of Scotland. His music has impacted many living souls. His songs are aired on multiple Television over states in India, Europe, and in United Kingdom. He has performed live concerts in different parts of India, United Arab Emirates, and in United Kingdom. His songs are mainly based on his life experience with biblical references. In his songs, the lyrics are focused to help people to come out of stress, and other mental health issues.
Earlier, John Divineson Israel was never a music lover, he wasn't passionate on music at initial step into music instead he was very active in sports and loved playing soccer and cricket, but his dad Bishop. Israel Rajappah and his mother Rev.Juliet Rajappah pushed him to learn music and later he developed a liking towards music at the age of 17.
On asking John to public YouTube interview, He says "I am always grateful to my parents for making me learn music despite my dislike towards it "
Divineson started his musical journey during his college days in the year 2014, along with his friends Lijo Felix and Clifford Moses. Patrick Joshua who is one of his trusted allies manages all his production. His first single " Oru Varthai " with his sister Dr. Marvel Reviavline was one of the people's favorite Gospel hits released in the year 2016. Oru Varthai talks about the Life-changing Impact of Jesus that can be on a person. Composed in Electro pop genre.
Recently single - Magimayae ft. Ben Samuel, John Rohith talks about the crucifixion of Jesus,
Magimaiyae which means "Majesty" talks about The forgiving nature of Jesus who was killed by mankind yet chose to love and forgive.
Some of his songs like Magimaiyae and Envalkaiyai have been translated into multiple languages.
His songs are based on core values of Christianity which are faith, forgiveness, repentance, and the Gospel of Jesus. He regularly posts motivational videos and inspiring content about Love, Mental health, handling failures, Overcoming depression.
He believes "Sharing God's word through music is the best motivational therapy ever"
He made his songs available on multiple platforms.