Don Hall passes away in a road accident Wichita
Don Hall passes away in a road accident
Wichita radio DJ Don Hall died in a car crash on Wednesday morning at Kellogg and Rock. On this note, Wichita police have arrested a 43-year-old Ray Watkins charging him with second-degree murder connecting with the accident. Also, alcohol and drugs are suspected to be factors involved. By the time the officer's reached the site of accident Hall was found to be trapped in the vehicle, the fire department had to come and free him out but by then he was pronounced dead. 70-year-old Hall had been working in radio for the past 45 years and hosted KEYN's morning radio show along with Barbara Baan. He also worked as the public address announcer for shocker basketball games at Wichita State University. When the news came out Jack Oliver, the program director at Entercom said that he and staff got worried when he started so early to work.
Other News by This Author
Confusion on how to run businesses after a stay at shelter orders are lifted
There are dilemma and confusion everywhere as to happens to local and other businesses when they stay at shelter orders will be lifted in Kansas, on this note Sedgwick County Health Officer Dr. Garold Minns stepped forward to she light on what should be done and followed once businesses open, he said the owners should ensure that they keep following all the instructions that we all are practicing already, which includes good hygiene, proper handwashing, sanitizing, physical distancing. Though this has been mentioned by Dr. Minns no official statement or instructions have been passed by the State of Kansas directing to the business owners about
practicing already existing safety measures, these are soon expected to come from state and local leaders at the end of this week. In South Carolina a maximum of 20 people are allowed into the shop at once, modified seating for customers in restaurants, one-way aisles to prevent face-to-face contact in stores and staggering restroom stalls for employees and guests and following CDC guidelines meticulously. The County leaders are planning to lift the stay at the shelter order on May 3rd.
Police seek public help to find teen runaways
Wichita police department is looking for two teens and their toddlers who ran away from home, the details and the physical features are made available to the public thus seeking the help of public to find them, the runaways were last spotted on Saturday at around 6 p.m. after leaving a home
which is located in the 3300 block of East Grand, they are identified as Christianna Gonzalez, 15, her 8-month-old son Marcellus Gonzlez-Mitchell, Vanity Allen, 16, and her 6-month-old daughter, Violet Allen. Anyone with information on them is welcomed to pass on it to the authorities by calling on 911.
The hospitals in Wichita think they had seen their peak of patients by now
According to hospitals in Wichita, they have seen the peak of COVID-19 patients, said Sedgwick County's local Health Officer, Dr. Garold Minns. A special staff meeting was held on Friday with Local business leaders. Minns said in this meeting:
"The hospitals think they have seen the peak, although the peak is very flat. They're feeling good about the fact that we're not going to have a huge surge, and I think they are feeling more comfortable that we can move ahead now."
The Kansas Health Department said that they had expected the state to hit the peak between April 19 and April 29.
Gov. Laura Kelly pushed back a statewide stay-at-home order to May 3, considering the expected dates for the peak. Kelly's order may expire a week from May 3, and according to Lieutenant Governor Lynn Rogers, the counties will take further decisions on its own. The Commissioner of Sedgwick County called representatives from several industries to discuss the plans to reopen and keep everyone safe. Representatives from Wichita State University, Wichita City Tourism, and the YMCA offered some great ideas to resume the industries and other businesses safely. Sedgwick County says that they will come up with guidelines to reopen for industries that may vary for different industries.
Other News Wichita
WSU plans for phased reopening
WSU President Jay Golden and Provost Rick Muma released a letter on the university's
website on Wednesday stating that they are planned for a phased reopening of the university
with the help of seven working groups which are Health and safety, Classroom / activity space
Faculty curricular design, Student finances, Research, Innovation partners, Communication. The
date is set to May 26th in accordance to the statement given by Kansan Governer Laura Kelly
that the stay at home orders will be lifted on May 3rd, but the tentative dates could be subjected
to changes. The university may open after the memorial day and the students will be a given a
two week prior notice, despite the reopening or otherwise the classes are said to continue either
online or remotely.
Andover Public Schools and other schools are trying new ways for graduation ceremony
The principal, superintendents, and teacher, all around the state, are meeting to finalize the plans for unique spring graduation ceremonies due to pandemic and closure of schools. All the schools are closed due to pandemic all around the nation for several weeks. Seniors in schools had to start living with the new normal as their final year of high school classes, sports, assemblies, and proms are canceled.
Andover Public School district announced this week that they have planned to have a 'drive-thru' graduation ceremony to honor the seniors. Speakers will present online. Seniors will have to drive to the high school, receive a diploma, and have a professional picture. Many seniors at the Andover Public School district are grateful to the school for such a decision.
They are happy as they will get an opportunity to hold some traditions, including wearing a cap and gown and receiving a diploma. Emma Torgerson, a senior, said that the changes are unique, but watching present situations, she is grateful that the school is trying to keep everyone safe.
Others are raising voice for their disapproval, saying the decision came too soon and that the school administration had not taken opinions from parents and seniors. Other schools may make an announcement by next week regarding the graduation ceremony of the seniors. Some schools had already set a time and place for a ceremony. Kapaun Mt. Carmel's graduation is currently tentatively scheduled for Sunday, July 26, 2020, at 1:30 pm at Hartman Arena.
COVID-19 hits at tourism causes the industry to shutdown
Tourism is one of the most affected fields from COVID-19. Events have been called off, tickets are being cancelled. This line can sum up the struggle faced by the tourism industry due to COVID-19.
Montana Whiteman, an employee at the Wyndham Garden Hotel Wichita said everything is cancelled when the bare-knuckle fights were supposed to happen.
Gary Plummer, president and CEO of the Witchita Regional Chamber of commerce, said that tourism is a tough business. He further said that tourism is the lifeline of Sedgwick County with hotels and hospitality being a big part of it.
Whiteman on further analysing the situation said that rooms are empty and talking about her hotel she noted that only 15 out of 150 rooms are filled. She also stated that Intrust Bank Arena is losing events, fall travel baseball being put on hold and other anticipated events cancelled in Wichita are significant contributors for the loss in the industry.
Plummer said that although the industry is suffering the sector should be opened only when the situation becomes normal. The decision needs to be data-driven and not just an emotional driven.
Other News United States Of America
Couples to get married digitally
The couple who were looking to get settled could not get married due to COVID-19. To solve the issue, Gov. Andrew Cuomo had already announced that couples could get married digitally and there will be no need of getting a license in person as the license would also be issued digitally. On Monday city hall unveiled a platform “project cupid” which will give marriage licensing digitally. Couples need to upload all the necessary paperwork. The couple will able to book an appointment with the clerk’s office from the first week of May by going to nyc.gov/Cupid.
Two men who were trying to con investors have been arrested
Two inland empire men were trying to con investors by showing themselves as a unit having millions of masks and protective equipment. They have been arrested by the police.
According to officials, the men were offering investors a box full of masks which were actually empty. They assured the investors by showing the website of there company international commerce and investment group(ICIG) which helped in strengthening there claim of being in the business since 2014. According to U.S. attorney’s office they had asked one of their clients for an investment of $4 million. However, before they could con the investor, they were prosecuted by the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Brooklyn. The two men were identified as Donald Lee Allen and Revolorio. They were arrested in California this Monday. The two men have been arrested on the basis of conspiracy to commit fraud. A California company was found advertising and selling test service at home without any permission from the Food and Drug Administration. Even though the company was not allowed to provide testing service but they were charging $249 for selling at-home tests on its website. City Attorney Mike Feuer’s office has settled a lawsuit with the company according to which the company will stop the testing services. The company also needs to refund for all tests sold and also pay civil penalties of $5,000. Till now only one at home test has been approved by the federal agency. Any scams can be informed at Feuer’s office or by calling (213)978-8070.
County looks forward towards relaxation in restrictions
One of the health officers of Los Angeles has said that the county might lift some of the guidelines. He said that this relaxation could take place from mid of next month.
Fr. Barbara Ferrer who is the public health director of the county on Tuesday, addressed the county through a press conference. He said that relaxation in restriction could happen by May 15th, which was also the date set initially for removing the relaxation at home order. It is still unclear that to what extent these restrictions could be removed. The county board of supervision has permitted a motion and asked for a plan which will cover the measures that would be needed when the restrictions will be lifted. The responsibility of presenting this plan in a week is given to various municipal departments. Supervisor Kathryn Barger, who was responsible for introducing the motion, said that an action plan is a necessity for bringing the life of residents of the county to normalcy. Barger also introduced a four-point plan which described the measures that are needed before reopening.
Other world news
Monika Bagárová konečne priznala „farbu”: „Mala som trému z celého tímu!” - SlovakWoman.sk
Keď produkcia televízie Markíza oznámila verejnosti, koho môžu v najnovšej sérii Superstar očakávať v porotcovských kreslách, mnohí ľudia zostali zarazení. Okrem Paľa Haberu, ktorý je v súťaži od
Ke produkcia televízie Markíza oznámila verejnosti, koho môu v najnovej sérii Superstar oakáva v porotcovských kreslách, mnohí udia zostali zarazení. Okrem Paa Haberu, ktorý je v súai od samého zaiatku, toti ostatné tváre vyvolávali mnostvo otázok. Najviac zo vetkých prekvapila práve enská as poroty zloená zo speváky Moniky Bagárovej a hereky Patrície Pagáovej. eky najnovie priznali, e ani im spoiatku nebolo vetko jedno. V rolách porotký sa speváka, ktorá zaínala v Superstar, a hereka známa zo seriálu Ulice (eský formát s viac ako 3860 dielmi vysielaný od roku 2005) ocitli vôbec prvýkrát v ivote, je to teda pre ne celkom nová skúsenos. Svorne vak tvrdia, e si miesto hodnotiacich uívajú, hoci zaiatky neboli vôbec jednoduché. Prvý de som mala trému zo vetkého z kolegov, z udí, ktorí prídu, aby som vedela, o mám poveda, aby som sa neopakovala, z reiséra… Z celého tímu vlastne,” priznala v rozhovore Monika Bagárová, priom ale dodala, e v súasnosti sa u so svojou pozíciou zila a cíti sa skvele. Ako porotkyu speváku mnohí spochybovali práve pre nedostatok skúseností v hudobnom priemysle vydala dosia dva albumy Shining (2011) a Flashback (2017). Tí, ktorí ju na porotcovskom mieste vidia radi, zas tvrdia, e je skvelé, e zaínala rovnako ako aktuálne nádejné talenty. Fakt, e sama mala z opanej strany pódia” sná rovnakú trému ako pred jedenástimi rokmi, vak priznala prvýkrát. O podobných pocitoch sa zmienila aj hereka Patrícia Pagáová, ktorá vak tie tvrdí, e s kadým jedným hodnotením je vetko ahie. Nie vdy si je ale istá tým, o poveda niekedy vraj dokonca zvauje, i sa jej dané íslo páilo alebo nie a miesto na to, aby s kritikou i pochvalami zaali, prenecháva radej tým, ktorí sa hudbe rozumejú viac. Celý rozhovor s porotkyami si môete pozrie v priloenom videu. Zdroj:TV Markíza | Foto: Instagram/bagarovamonika, TV Markíza
La OMS dice que hay 102 posibles vacunas para covid-19 en proceso en todo el - elsoldemargarita.com.ve
El ensayo de los Institutos Nacionales Estadounidenses de Salud (NIH) fue el primero en comenzar a probarse en sujetos de prueba en humanos el 16 de marzo.
La OMS dice que hay 102 posibles vacunas para covid-19 en proceso en todo el mundo. / Foto: CORTESÍA CNN 30 Abr, 2020 | Atlanta. La Organización Mundial de la Salud (OMS) dice que se están desarrollando 102 posibles vacunas covid-19 en todo el mundo, según los documentos publicados en el sitio web de la organización. Ocho de las posibles vacunas están aprobadas para ensayos clínicos. Eso es más que las siete vacunas hace cuatro días. La adicional es de China, pero no está claro si han comenzado ensayos en sujetos de estudio en humanos; los otros siete lo han hecho, señala nota de CNN. De las aprobadas para ensayos clínicos en humanos, cuatro son de China, una es de Inglaterra, una es estadounidense y otra es de un grupo combinado estadounidense y europeo.
(VIDEO) Exjefe del Sebin acusa a Movistar de contribuir con Maduro para “perseguir disidentes, hackear correos y clonar sus telefonos” - Aporrea
30-04-.20.-El exdirector del Sebin, Cristopher Figuera, afirmó este miércoles durante una entrevista al portal Tv Venezuela, que las algunas empresas privadas de telefonía que contribuyen con el go...
30-04-.20.-El exdirector del Sebin, Cristopher Figuera, afirmó este miércoles durante una entrevista al portal Tv Venezuela, que las algunas empresas privadas de telefonía que contribuyen con el gobierno de Nicolás Maduro, específicamente Movistar. Movistar se ha prestado para tumbar páginas web, hackear correos y duplicar teléfonos a enemigos y todo aquel se oponga, señaló. Se han hecho pasar por mí y quienes muestran su descontento hacia el régimen son perseguidos. Colocaron una foto mía en WhatsApp. Les hacen creer que soy yo el que les escribe, y la persona que se solidariza conmigo o muestra su descontento con la situación país es perseguida y aprehendida". Según Figuera, ya hay oficiales detenidos, entre ellos un grupo de capitanes que en algún momento tuvieron contacto con algunas de las personas a quienes se les intervino el télefono, aseguró. En esta cacería de brujas que el régimen tiene seguramente han escuchado algún descontento de los valientes oficiales, y evitan un levantamiento militar ya que los mantienen vigilados. Se adelantan a que se alce al tener clonados sus teléfonos, aseguró. que en algún momento tuvieron contacto con algunas de las personas a quienes se les intervino el télefono.